Leica Q2 Monochrom

On 1/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, hdmesa said:

The quality is indeed nice – maybe too nice! The Angelo Pelle bag I bought for it is great, but it's a bit outclassed by the workmanship and leather of the AdM case and strap. The matching AdM bag may still be in my future, but for now placed an order for the Billingham Leica Combination M bag as a waterproof solution that will fit the Q2M, charger, and color filters comfortably (or maybe both my Qs a in there tightly). I currently have the Billingham 72, but it won't hold the charger, just the camera, one spare battery, and one extra filter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Brown-black combination looks very nice.  I had a hard time selecting between black and brown cases.  At the end I chose black; brown was just a little "too attractive" to me that renders the camera a luxury item. Now I am tempted again by the brown case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vedivv said:

Brown-black combination looks very nice.  I had a hard time selecting between black and brown cases.  At the end I chose black; brown was just a little "too attractive" to me that renders the camera a luxury item. Now I am tempted again by the brown case.

The right answer is both of course 🤓

I went with the AdM in "Rally Volpe" leather in brown because it was one of the only cases out there with an interesting variation in the brown color. It gets darker in the places where it is used the most, too, which I like.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, nwphil said:

I know it's weird, but almost seems it works in opposite way: a high frame rate plays the motion in slow and a very low frame rate plays in fast speed ( without altering video player settings)

In reality it's because in very simple terms, at 120fps has more frames to display, hence takes more time to do it ( it's not an official explanation, and any video-guru would eat me alive for saying  it this way, but I think helps understand it better)

The Q does not have anything below 24fps I think

In my opinion, if one could surgically open the Q2M and remove the video function entirely, the result would be a perfect camera.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My ADM will soon be in my Grubby Mitts!  

In the meantime.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica M Combination Bag by Billingham arrived and is settled in – perfect fit for the Q, filters, charger, and extra batteries.Received the 49mm Leica lens cap today since I won't be using the hood due to frequent filter changes, and I'm not a huge fan of ugly lens caps on a $6K camera. Also received a dual battery holder and have a third battery incoming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@hdmesa cool battery holder - would you mind to tell where one can getone?

The Q looks great in brown for sure, but I went all black - not as pleased with AP strap, so dug out the slim stap from "deadcameras

"https://shop.deadcameras.com/home/42--slim-leather-strap.html

still considering a bag, but likely will end with a Thinkank Turnstyle 5 - waiting for restock at local store.. and now for the Q return for fitting check

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nwphil said:

@hdmesa cool battery holder - would you mind to tell where one can getone?

The Q looks great in brown for sure, but I went all black - not as pleased with AP strap, so dug out the slim stap from "deadcameras

"https://shop.deadcameras.com/home/42--slim-leather-strap.html

still considering a bag, but likely will end with a Thinkank Turnstyle 5 - waiting for restock at local store.. and now for the Q return for fitting check

I bought the battery holder from Leica Store Miami for $80. Made in Germany, which may explain the price. Battery snaps in and out using the release mechanism and then a tap like it does in the camera. On the other side not pictured, it has position switches for each battery to denote charge status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPB2 said:

Thank you this is an even better link and shows options for 2 and 4 batteries. Thanks a lot.

Leica Store Miami is reselling the Lei-ko products, including their 2 and 4 battery boxes and the angle viewfinder for SL.