Using flash anyone? Any recommendation?

AGeoJO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jamie

Got your reply thanks. Just bought a 430EX so we'll see how that works out. I'm not a big user of flash so the 430 may do the trick, if not, up tot he 580 EX V2 I go. Knowing the buying habits of all of us here I have so little doubt that I'll end up buying what I should have bought in the first place :)

another little secret is that you can use the slave function to fire both flashes and it works just fine on the Leica. So that money will be well spent since both flashes can work together if you want.

One silly thing about the 580EXII is that if you are using the pc-sync the slave part is deactivate, so in other words you can't use slave to trigger another canon flash wirelessly...it is a needless limitation bc I think they want you to by the remote trigger.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Cindy, does your "system" work in TTL mode ?... (I heard that it doesn't work with the Nikon SC 17 ?...)

Thanks.

To my knowledge the SC17 or 28 are simple extension cords mating the hot shoe connection points on the camera to those same points on the other end of the extension cord. This allows the same function of the flash whether it is mounted to the camera hot shoe or to the far end of the extension cord.