Chinese lenses - image thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL 55 7 Artisans (l mount) This lens doesn't have click stops for fstops and makes it difficult to use as when focusing you can move the fstop ring. But a nice lens when you see the images.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

M10 + TT 35/1.4 at f/8

• Like 11

On 11/7/2020 at 4:55 PM, garysamson said:

TTArtisans 50mm f0.95 at f0.95 and Leica M240 camera. 

Nice images!!

I'm contemplating getting this .95 50mm lens myself.

Did you have to do any adjustments to it, or did it come out right out of the box?

TIA,

cayenne

Another happy-snap with the 7Artisans 50mm f1.1 this time shot at 1/90 and 'somewhere between' f1.4 and f2 @ ISO 160;

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

53 minutes ago, pippy said:

Another happy-snap with the 7Artisans 50mm f1.1

Lovely photo. The rendering looks modern. And I heard that is performs is a way, better than the 50 TT. The 7 Artisan 75 should be also a great lens.

So far, very happy with my TT35 ... Who could have say it ... 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dennis said:

And I heard that is performs is a way, better than the 50 TT. The 7 Artisan 75 should be also a great lens.

Heard where? The 7A 50/1.1 and  TT 50/1.4 reviews seem to be pretty conclusive that the TT is superior as a modern optical instrument (while the 7A still has character merits). The 7A 75/1.25 review is also pretty full of compromises. Overall, the best 7A lens appears to be the 28/1.4 and the best TT the 50/1.4.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Lovely photo. The rendering looks modern.......The 7 Artisan 75 should be also a great lens...

You are too kind, Dennis, and coming from yourself the compliment is very much appreciated. The photo? Yes; it's fine but it's the subject matter which makes it lovely...

As far as the 7A rendering goes...

What I love about the 7A (once dialled-in!!!) is that it changes character so very completely and so very noticeably from the extraordinary 'nuttiness' of the o-o-f areas when used wide open through an 'interesting' half-way-house stage (as above) in the f1.4 - f2 range - where the main focus-plane is very sharp but the other bits continue to melt into dreamy softness - to becoming near enough a perfectly 'normal' 50mm lens when used from f2.8 down. It really can be left on the camera all the time and used as a 'regular' 50mm but, at the same time, can also be counted on to do the strangeness-stuff when asked to do so. So yes; going from Weird Not-Quite-Pseudo-Noctilux-on-a-Shoestring to Modern 50mm Rendering all in one low-priced-entry-level-package. Great Lens!

The only really 'important' (insignificant?) issue I have with mine (dialling-in apart!!!) is that there is no lenshood I can find which will work with the lens. So extreme are the entry and exit angles that, once stopped-down, anything screwed into the filter thread - be that filter or hood - will cause minor cut-off in the extreme corners of the frame. I've tried using step-up rings (55-58 / 55-62) but even the thickness of the ring itself seems to be enough to blacken-out the corners. Having used the lenses for four years latterly without hoods fitted there is never a problem with corner cut-off and flare has never once been a problem but purely psychologically I don't like using lenses without a lenshood! But I'm getting over my phobia....

The 75mm? I'm pretty sure by now it will be a superb lens and I have read many great reviews here by folks whose opinions I trust. I have to say I was contacted by 7A when the 75 was just about to be released (long story) and managed to get an early example but with my particular lens there were issues in terms of focus which could not be dialled-out so, sadly, the lens went back to the supplier. As I say, though, by now I'm sure that the teething troubles will have been resolved and I will try again!

Thanks once more for the kind words!

Philip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, pippy said:

.... You are too kind, Dennis. The photo? Yes; it's fine but it's the subject matter which makes it lovely ...

It's the kind of photos that, besides being an easy shot, the excellent mix between editing, expressions, poses, and given rendering-look, is very pleasant. You captured the different personalities ... 

I'm still in the second Leica phase lol, still embracing what to do (with gear). Only M10, two 35, and one 50 (the one you helped me buy in FForbes). I want soon, hopefully, get a 21/24 and a 75 and be ready for the whole game. 🙂 My chosen lens with Leica is 35, no doubt. Then I want a shorter lens (24) than a longer one (75). And the 50 as wildcard ... 
That's why, because of the investment, I was thinking of a 21CV and a 7Art75 or CV 75 ... WIth a limited budget, I can have four different FL's lenses and understand better the Leica boundaries, what it feels like to shoot with a particular lens. How it's the frame line? Do I need an external VF? Questions like this.
For example, I now adore a focus tab. And I didn't know before to buy the TT 35/1.4, do you know what I mean?
That's why I asked for opinions about 7Artisan 75

Edited by Dennis
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, astrostl said:

It's underreviewed, but I'm very happy with my Kipon 75/2.4 that I picked up for around $400 used. I appreciate the compactness and don't feel like I would want any more than f/2 at 75mm because of focusing difficulty, and the length already makes the bokeh stronger.

With a 24, 35 and 50, I like to shoot sometimes wide open. But, IMHO, starting from 75FL, f/2 (or as you say f/2.4) is enough for a pleasant bokeh. The 75 is not the kind of lens for not so much context, I think, it's much more for a portion of the "context' Also f/2.8 can be enough ... While for the 35 I was looking for a fast option, for the 75, I don't care.

For example, how it performs the Kipon compared with the 7A, from f/2.8 on? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dennis

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

For example, how it performs the Kipon compared with the 7A, from f/2.8 on? 🤷‍♂️

No interest in finding out with a similar price and much higher size/weight! (there is a normal black Kipon too)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cayenne said:

Nice images!!

I'm contemplating getting this .95 50mm lens myself.

Did you have to do any adjustments to it, or did it come out right out of the box?

TIA,

cayenne

Thanks,! I used the accessory electronic viewfinder on my M240 to focus the lens. I have not calibrated the lens yet for use with the rangefinder, I think it is ever so slightly off and needs to be adjusted. It's easy to miss focus at f0.95, the depth of filed is just so shallow.

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Summicron_(I)_f%3D_9_cm_1:2

According to the Leica Wiki, my Summicron 9cm F2 at 660 g /1.46 lb is heavier than the 75/1.25 7Artisans. My 135/2.8 Tele-Elmarit is even heavier.

😱 ... For handheld I think is too much. I think my TT 35/1.4 could be my limit: 400-450gr max. And it feels it.