M 10 R image thread

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M10R + and old 1949 50mm Collapsible Elmar

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

One from the couple of first test snaps taken an hour ago with the "new-demo" M10-R I received yesterday..........

28mm Elmarit

43 minutes ago, petermullett said:

One from the couple of first test snaps taken an hour ago with the "new-demo" M10-R I received yesterday..........

28mm Elmarit

Very nice .....there is something a bit spooky and gothic about the image that I rather like!

1 hour ago, Jon Warwick said:

Very nice .....there is something a bit spooky and gothic about the image that I rather like!

It's a bit of a spooky and early gothic little home town this one!......Thanks.

Maybe this time the M10-R will work for me, but if not I still have the 24mp pixel M10-D to fall back on.

Edited by petermullett

36 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Why did the M10-R not 'work' for you?

I tried it out when the camera was first released, my regular store let me "play" with one for a couple of weeks and at that time I wasn't that impressed. I, like others, experienced the "motion blur" with the sensor and that became a reason at that time not to upgrade. I was still very pleased with my two M10's, ( a M10-P and a M10-D ), I liked them then and still like the 24mp sensor a lot now but I found that I was rarely taking the M10-P out, gravitating to the D if I wanted colour, but much more so using the M10-M and my film cameras too, so when I was offered this M10-R at a great discount with the full 24 month Leica warranty I reckoned " why not" and traded the M10-P in against the R.

I've had no desire, zero desire, to join the madness to buy the M11 and like with most gear purchases I'd rather wait a year to see what the wrinkles could be and if they were sorted before considering to trade up again. Unlike some in the "rush" I cannot afford to make mistakes, financially and operationally............So I felt it made sense to try the R again, and the sweetened deal pushed me over the edge................But I still have the M10-D and that's not leaving!

Edited by petermullett

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, petermullett said:

28mm Elmarit

Beautiful photograph 👍

3 hours ago, petermullett said:

I tried it out when the camera was first released, my regular store let me "play" with one for a couple of weeks and at that time I wasn't that impressed. I, like others, experienced the "motion blur" with the sensor and that became a reason at that time not to upgrade. I was still very pleased with my two M10's, ( a M10-P and a M10-D ), I liked them then and still like the 24mp sensor a lot but I found that I was rarely taking the M10-P out, gravitating to the D if I wanted colour, but much more so using the M10-M and my film cameras too so when I was offered this M10-R at a great discount, full 24 month Leica warranty I reckoned " why not" and traded the M10-P in against the R.

I've had no desire, zero desire, to join the madness to buy the M11 and like with most gear purchases I'd rather wait a year to see what the wrinkles could be and if they were sorted before considering to trade up again. Unlike some in the "rush" I cannot afford to make mistakes, financially and operationally............So I felt it made sense to try the R again, and the sweetened deal pushed me over the edge................But I still have the M10-D and that's not leaving!

I bought my M10-R in November, fully aware of the impending release of the M11.   As more M11 information was leaked and weighing-up the pros and cons of what was likely with the M11, I decided the M10-R was the better option for now but if a future M12 is worth upgrading to, I'll  consider it. 

My M10-R is the first digital Leica M I've ever bought, none of the previous versions from M8 through to the M10 and colour sensor M10 derivatives have held much appeal to me for various reasons and 24mp is a backward step that I'm not prepared to take.  40mp is my sweet spot for 35mm ff.  If I want more resolution than that I'd take a stabilised 'medium format' sensor camera.

I'm not someone who has experienced the (unintentional) "motion blur" with my M10-R that you refer to.  It is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned and I've used 36mp Nikon dslr's for years in my professional life without a problem either.

Edited by Ouroboros
  • Like 3

The iconic Nakagin Capsule Tower, in Shimbashi, is still hanging on by the skin of its teeth. Probably not much longer left to see this supreme example of Japanese Metabolism. It's already covered with netting and looks rather dilapidated. In all my years in Tokyo today was the first time I've been up close to it. 

M10R + 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nodrog said:

The iconic Nakagin Capsule Tower, in Shimbashi, is still hanging on by the skin of its teeth. Probably not much longer left to see this supreme example of Japanese Metabolism. It's already covered with netting and looks rather dilapidated. In all my years in Tokyo today was the first time I've been up close to it. 

A stunning image, well-captured. It was already falling apart when I was there in 2018, and I remember passing it and thinking, huh, what an interesting building; a shame it's in such a state.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, petermullett said:

It's a bit of a spooky and early gothic little home town this one!......Thanks.

Maybe this time the M10-R will work for me, but if not I still have the 24mp pixel M10-D to fall back on.

My experience is that in these situations and further into the night the M10R offers more creative possibilities than any M before it. 

I’m really loving this camera. 35 Summilux FLE. 

• Like 8

M10R & Konica Hexanon Dual 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xx573v3xx/51819371518/in/datetaken-public

• Like 4

Ginza window

• Like 17

something colorful against the winter covid blues
M10-R, Apo-Skopar2.8/90, f=5.6

• Like 15

M10-R BP, Voigtlander 28mm f2 Ultron II, shot taken with tripod.

• Like 3

M10R & Konica Hexanon Dual 21-35 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xx573v3xx/51821797995/in/datetaken-public/

• Like 5

Summilux 35 FLE

• Like 1