M 10 R image thread

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, Ouroboros said:

Thanks.  Length and breadth, really.  We're still finalising the travel and accommodation itinerary but will include Ladakh, Sikkim, Assam, Eastern  side, Tamil Nadu, Western side, Rajasthan, Punjab and reserves etc

Fabulous, I am sure you'll keep an eye on the quarantine rules, etc. Each airport seem to have different rules especially with the new variant now. Also be careful in eating any salads and chutneys, anything cooked won't give you a problem. I am from India but after living in the UK for many years, I have to be increasingly careful every year I go. This will be an amazing experience and you'll get lots of wonderful opportunities for photos. Enjoy... 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, Ouroboros said:

Huisnis, Isle of Harris.

28mm summicron asph

Really lovely photos of Harris and I guess the lighthouse is at the Butt of Lewis.  I enjoyed a wonderful trip there before Covid and plan to go back again at some point.  Can't post photos here because I didn't have the M10R at that time.  I do now 😀

On 12/2/2021 at 2:08 PM, FrankA said:

Wonderful.  Do you mind sharing how you exposed this?

Thanks for your comment.

ICM (intentional camera movement) is a technique based on deliberately moving the camera during exposure. 

There is more to it than simply flinging the camera around as some YouTubers would have you believe.  The key is subtlety and you need to decide on a shutter speed and then work on the direction and speed of camera movement that match the scene and the degree and type of blur that you want to achieve. Light as shadow also play their part, as ever.

It takes practice to raise the outcome beyond simple blurring.  I'm fortunate living where I do because the light here is very clean and produces beautiful pastel tones.

Here's another image from the same location, Huisinis on the Isle of Harris and you can see more examples on the Impressions page on my website

Have a go!

M10-R

28mm summicron safari

Edited by Ouroboros

Out for a Football Game