M 10 R image thread

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cats in the wild

M10R + 135mm F3.4 APO

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Hengifoss Waterfall Iceland  -  Basalt Columns

35 APO

• Like 10

Eef in the mirror, M10-R, Cron 50

• Like 17

"Consumer world"  M10R, Summilux 24, Silverefex

• Like 9

Childs world (Graffiti in a backyard) M10R, Summilux 24

• Like 6

It begins.

M10R, VC 35/1.2 asph vIII

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first digital M arrived yesterday!  Ready for our planned 15-week backpacking tour in India in 2022 (pandemic permitting, of course).  My MP won't be coming as I don't want to risk films being ruined by airport CT scanners.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ouroboros said:

My first digital M arrived yesterday!  Ready for our planned 15-week backpacking tour in India in 2022 (pandemic permitting, of course).  My MP won't be coming as I don't want to risk films being ruined by airport CT scanners.

Congrats, would love to know about your itinerary, if you feel like sharing it at some point. 

1 minute ago, Steven said:

Congrats, would love to know about your itinerary, if you feel like sharing it at some point. 

Thanks.  Length and breadth, really.  We're still finalising the travel and accommodation itinerary but will include Ladakh, Sikkim, Assam, Eastern  side, Tamil Nadu, Western side, Rajasthan, Punjab and reserves etc

• Like 3

Just now, Ouroboros said:

Thanks.  Length and breadth, really.  We're still finalising the travel and accommodation itinerary but will include Ladakh, Sikkim, Assam, Eastern  side, Tamil Nadu, Western side, Rajasthan, Punjab and reserves etc

I'm very jealous. 

And a bit disappointed you won't be bringing your MP. 

4 minutes ago, Steven said:

But I would have done the same as you. My worry would not have been to damage the film in X ray, but just to run out out of film during the trip. 

I would have loved to have taken just my MP.  My eldest son has just had three films (HP5+) partially ruined by scanners on a trip to Rome so I ruled it out. As you say, the quantity of film I would be able to take with me could also have been an issue.

Edited by Ouroboros

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

My first digital M

Great choice! In my experience the digital M that delivers  the most filmish images of them all. But congrats too for having postponed a digital M so long!

22 minutes ago, otto.f said:

Great choice! In my experience the digital M that delivers  the most filmish images of them all. But congrats too for having postponed a digital M so long!

Thanks. None of the previous digital M’s held much appeal to me for various reasons from being fatally-flawed, bloated, very limited high iso capability etc. 

I make prints and the 40mp resolution of the M10-R is what I am used to when working with my Nikon digital cameras and high resolution film scans, so I’m not remotely interested in the 24 vs 40mp debate.  

I think the M10-R is about as good as a digital M can be with a mechanical rangefinder and non-stabilised, so the time is finally right for me to buy one. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Thanks. None of the previous digital M’s held much appeal to me for various reasons from being fatally-flawed, bloated, very limited high iso capability etc. 

I make prints and the 40mp resolution of the M10-R is what I am used to when working with my Nikon digital cameras and high resolution film scans, so I’m not remotely interested in the 24 vs 40mp debate.  

I think the M10-R is about as good as a digital M can be with a mechanical rangefinder and non-stabilised, so the time is finally right for me to buy one. 

Can't wait to hear you 6/12 months impressions, especially how it has affected the use of your MP, beyond that trip to India. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

I just received a roll of medium format Ektar 100 back from the lab. Not posting the photo here because it would be against the rules, but it just occurred to me that the images look exactly, except for the format, as if they had been shot on my M10R. The blues are identical, and the colour palette in general too. Of course, 120 film is closer to digital than 35mm, but for me who was looking for a way to copy film in my digital cameras... there you go ! I have an M10R: unlimited Ektar 100, that I can shoot at higher ISO! 

First couple of images from a walk across the Island with Mrs O this evening. Met Office say we have a storm coming in!

28mm summicron asph 

Edited by Ouroboros
  • Like 7