M 10 R image thread

dkmoore

On 7/28/2021 at 2:18 PM, steveBK said:

The rendering looks nice. How does this lens behave with the M10-R? Thanks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Photoworks said:

Mr. Alex, as a fellow photographer just a friendly suggestion regarding putting full high res images (the full 66cmx44cm resolution of M10R file) online...
- For those who watch on limited or bad signal it takes forever to load
- I would not be OK with full hi res 40mpix images of mine floating around
That is just my thinking, great images with your noct 0.95

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Mr. Alex, as a fellow photographer just a friendly suggestion regarding putting full high res images (the full 66cmx44cm resolution of M10R file) online...

Fair point. But i thought it was actually refreshing to see images of good quality on this forum. It’s so rare. 

• Like 6

Guest Nowhereman
2 hours ago, Al Brown said:

I don't know what you mean: LUF limits the file size that can be posted here to 2.44 MB.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, Al Brown said:

thanks. fair point. I will think about.

I host the pictures elsewhere. I find surprising how many people talk on how good a lens is and then all the photos on the forum look blurry from resizing to the minimum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

I host the pictures elsewhere. I find surprising how many people talk on how good a lens is and then all the photos on the forum look blurry from resizing to the minimum.

I think that you are the one doing it right, posting high res photos. I can't stand watching 2MB files, and stopped posting my photos on the forum because of this. 

It's a pity that there is not a paying option for members interested to lift the the resolution limit. It could have been an enormous source of income for the forum. 

16 hours ago, Daedalus2000 said:

The rendering looks nice. How does this lens behave with the M10-R? Thanks

Pretty happy overall, and convenient combo to me compared to either WATE or MATE.. best of both worlds - 21 for dramatic wide landscape/architecture and 35 for general purpose.. it's been glued to my M10M and now M10R for most of this year 

Here's a collection of photos with it - https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=xx573v3xx&tags=konicahexanondual2135&view_all=1

Just to add some color - this is a late 90s lens, so it may not be up to your standards in terms of modern lenses level of flare control when shooting into sun & corner sharpness wide open.  I would note I was also a bit disappointed its performance on the SL2.   

Edited by steveBK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steveBK said:

Pretty happy overall, and convenient combo to me compared to either WATE or MATE.. best of both worlds - 21 for dramatic wide landscape/architecture and 35 for general purpose.. it's been glued to my M10M and now M10R for most of this year 

Here's a collection of photos with it - https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=xx573v3xx&tags=konicahexanondual2135&view_all=1

Just to add some color - this is a late 90s lens, so it may not be up to your standards in terms of modern lenses level of flare control when shooting into sun & corner sharpness wide open.  I would note I was also a bit disappointed its performance on the SL2.   

oh shoot! haha, I have the SL2 and this lens.... But I will admit I have not tried them together yet.

I will wait to see the new M11 before I go back into the M system

Thank you very much for your input and I love your pics with it

Edited by Daedalus2000

15 hours ago, Photoworks said:

15 hours ago, Steven said:

I think that you are the one doing it right, posting high res photos. I can't stand watching 2MB files, and stopped posting my photos on the forum because of this. 

It's a pity that there is not a paying option for members interested to lift the the resolution limit. It could have been an enormous source of income for the forum. 

The problem isn't the size limit of the files here, it's the low resolution previews within the posts – likely a cheap solution to save on the cost of bandwidth (which as was rightly mentioned could be more than offset with a premium+ membership option). You have to click on the images in posts here to see them in sharper form, but by then, most have lost interest in the "soft" image to be bothered with doing so. 

But with posts like this going unanswered by the forum manager/admin, it's a wonder the lights are still on around here, so to speak.

In and out...M10R CV Ultron 28 f/2 II

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Le Chef said:

Heaven! I love walled gardens with everything from roses to rhubarb.

Yes, me too, I quite often go and sit in this particular one and just watch the gardeners at work... plenty of Brassica's, Cabbage White Fly having a ball, same M10R and 28 CV Ultron II

• Like 5

Last night Rosé sundowner with a friend. First shots with my new M10-R and the Apo-Summicron 50 (ISO 200, f2.0, 1/1000 sec.).

Can’t wait to take this combo to the Cote d'Azur at the end of August!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

100% Crop — Quite impressive to me.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Boojay said:

Yes, me too, I quite often go and sit in this particular one and just watch the gardeners at work... plenty of Brassica's, Cabbage White Fly having a ball, same M10R and 28 CV Ultron II

Very nice.  I guess it's in Shropshire although it could be just up the road from me in darkest Essex!

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 2:31 AM, Boojay said:

In and out...M10R CV Ultron 28 f/2 II

Beautiful.  Makes me want to sit back in one of those chairs with a book and close my eyes.

• Thanks 1