M 10 R image thread

dkmoore

Share your M10R photos! When I got the M10M, it was snowing for the first couple of days but I went out anyway. Today it was torrential downpours but I went out in the rain. M10R handled the rain with no problem. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Avoiding the rain at a century old abandoned mansion somewhere in NJ. 

• Like 11

Nice album.  And interesting light.  

The one concern that has come up from reviews so far is that the improved headroom for exposures may not hold up at high ISOs.  That comes from a rather sloppy set of shots taken in bad light, but is worth checking out while Leica is still nervously watching over the firmware health of their new baby.  The Phoblogger complains that a bright light yellow turned white with slight overexposure at ISO 6400 or 12500, which seem to be usable settings with this new camera.  What do you see?

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

The one concern that has come up from reviews so far is that the improved headroom for exposures may not hold up at high ISOs.  That comes from a rather sloppy set of shots taken in bad light, but is worth checking out while Leica is still nervously watching over the firmware health of their new baby.  The Phoblogger complains that a bright light yellow turned white with slight overexposure at ISO 6400 or 12500, which seem to be usable settings with this new camera.  What do you see?

It was very dreary and rainy so I didn't get to test out the "improved headroom in the highlights". The only (bad) examples that I could find that somewhat test this are below and shot at ISO6400. One click auto adjustment in Lightroom and you do get quite a bit of highlight recovery on the lightbulb and around it. The colors all seem to hold up very well. 

I'm shooting with a model tomorrow AM and will purposefully stress test the highlights. 

Let's see more M10R photos!

• Like 10

5 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Thanks! I haven't gotten a chance yet to rigorously test how high ISO settings affect highlight recovery, but I can confirm that highlight recovery is in general noticeably improved over the m10-p. I had my settings accidentally off for a shot and overexposed by ~2 stops, and when I looked at the LCD preview, I figured the highlights were irretrievably blown (based on my experience looking at similarly overexposed shots on the m10-p). However, when I got into lightroom, I was able to recover essentially all of the detail in the highlights, which was pleasantly surprising. That was an ISO 1600 shot, though. 

Apo-Summicron-M 1:2/50 ASPH

• Like 17

If you had any frustration around DR and shadows vs blown highlights, your prayers have been answered... 

21 SEM

• Like 14

Summilux 50mm BC

Edited by Tailwagger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

90mm Elmarit-M  Test shot... thought I would post it as I find it notable for the rather lovely color rendition

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28mm Elmarit V3  Again, another less than exciting image, but offered as evidence that the earlier optics retain their charm and seem to have gained a bit more dimension on the 10R.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tailwagger said:

That's exactly what I said. It was returned to the water a few moments later, so its available if you'd like to try your hand. 😉

Please post a map with the exact spot marked and the type of lure used. 😉

18 minutes ago, fotografr said:

Please post a map with the exact spot marked and the type of lure used. 😉

Here you go... but as for the lure I'm afraid you are on your own, though I will say the fish had its eye on my Summilux.  😀

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I asked Google Maps just where you found that nice fish, and I am impressed by your roaming efforts.  Even though I have gotten up to Pepperell for the sky-diving, I would never have gone down that particular byway.

Next time you jump, pack your rod.

• jaapv changed the title to M 10 R image thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic