Firmware 3.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/5/2020 at 11:44 PM, aldam said:

UP ;)

Hi all

I am also interesting in the jpg changes. I am thinking of buying this camera and I’m lazy jpg shooter.

For me and my workflow, this is a good update and allows me to shoot JPEG Only. 
I'm coming from Fuji - which has great JPG rendition.
Would though advise to rent the camera and try it out. 

I made a quick test with the JPEGs and edited them directly using Lightroom here (click on the arrow inside the box below)

Edited by A2_Foto

Received today regarding the "AF point size problem" most left-eye shooters have after FW 3.0:

"It has already been forwarded to our development department in order to take this into account in a future firmware update.
"

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb AKorenc:

Received today regarding the "AF point size problem" most left-eye shooters have after FW 3.0:

"It has already been forwarded to our development department in order to take this into account in a future firmware update.
"

#69 in this thread:

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! Leica has released firmware 3.1, with which the problems we described of the unwanted, automatic AF-field-size adjustment using the thumbwheel when using the EVF through contact of the nose with the display have been eliminated.

Now the beautiful Q2 is (at least for me) usable again!

Compliments to Leica for always listening to the feedback from their customers and for continuously optimizing the functionality and usability of their products in firmware updates.

And, addressed specially to HIghlandK: I hope your cosmetic surgeon had closed because of corona and not yet taken care of your "normal-mans" nose...^^