THE WINNER! : 2020 "Covid-special" Challenge

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you to everyone who took part in the 2020 Covid Special Challenge, thank you so much to Andy for organising the challenge, thank you to all those who very kindly voted for my picture, and congratulations to Andy and Jan for their excellent pictures!  

It was a very different challenge this year since there was a theme involved, and particularly owing to the restrictions that most of us were under (special congratulations to Erl who I believe was the only one of us who was under full lock-down in Melbourne during the challenge yet still managed to enter).

I'd like to spare a thought for all those who have sadly lost people they love owing to this terrible virus.  None of us can know what grief they have gone, or are going, through and I wish them speed in getting to a place where they're able to cope with the inevitable pain in the best way they can.  And I hope for a swift end to the chaos, despair, and pain that the virus has caused and continues to cause all of us around the world.

My deepest thanks to Andreas @LUF Admin for his very kind gift of a year's free membership, which I will graciously accept, and I shall donate the equivalent sum to Guide Dogs (for the Blind) in the name of the Leica Camera Forum.

Lastly, I was very sad that I missed catching up with so many friends at the 'normal' One Challenge but I hope that this year's challenge will encourage more people to join the forum's One Challenge in Athens in October next year.  You will all be most welcome - but be warned: the camaraderie becomes almost addictive! ^_^

And, Tom, I think it's your round isn't it? 😄

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Well done Pete, Andy and Jan. Huge thanks to Andy for doing the considerable work collating everything.

Here's hoping that vaccine development and distribution will have progressed sufficiently to allow a safe Athens visit next October (especially to we geriatrics with co-morbidities). Methinks it's not an unreasonable hope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the winners - all of them! It was indeed a fun event and slightly different from other times. I for one did not miss the musical accompaniment (and dancing) that we enjoyed last time for the dinner... :). And indeed, let's hope that the Athens event can proceed. 

Thanks all for participating, and thanks Andy for organising.

Stay healthy and good light!

C.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, masjah said:

Well done Pete, Andy and Jan. Huge thanks to Andy for doing the considerable work collating everything.

I should mention, John, that your winning entry of Brighton's West Pier in the first Spring Challenge was an inspiration for my picture.

Pete.

Pete, Andy: same old, same old!

You should be given a handicap of at least ten votes, next time😁

The best always win: so congratulations to Jan, you've just joined an exclusive club!  I am glad to see that a (new) member of the French team came fourth. I hope this year's Challenge will whet the appetite for the next One, hopefully in persons. Indeed, it's a lot more tha posting a picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Am 15.11.2020 um 01:51 schrieb farnz:

I shall donate the equivalent sum to Guide Dogs (for the Blind) in the name of the Leica Camera Forum.

Congratulations, Pete – and thanks for your donation which I just forwarded:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations Pete; brilland entry and fully deserved. I hate to admit it, but I didn't vote as for some reason I was under the impression that voting only closed on the 20th and had just opened the thread now to discover its already closed. My vote wouldn't have made any difference as I thought Pete's image was number one.

Now looking forward to Athens.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great to see the contest continous! Lovely photographs, enjoyed the winning photo which reminds me of my last stay in Brighton with my MP when it was pretty new. Tried to took part here, but house renovation/extension is a bad time eater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to those who took part, and like Pete's photo of baby in a bubble in Rome, it was a clear winner. thank you for your donation. 

Great images all around, and if I had taken some of those images, they would be printed and framed :) 

Thank you to Jurgen for his donation. 

Thank you Andy for arranging and collating - my estimate of the effort increased dramatically last year when I tried to do the same thing. 

Looking forward to the jab and Athens next year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1