THE WINNER! : 2020 "Covid-special" Challenge

andybarton

Well, that's another year's One Challenge completed and I would like to give huge thanks to all those members who took part and those who voted too. Thank you.

While it was a different Challenge to the norm, it was obviously more inclusive, so maybe there's a lesson to be learned there.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the winner of this Challenge is Pete Farnsworth, with his shot of the old Brighton Pier (Nr 36). Well done Pete!

Honourable mentions have to go to Andy Barton <cough>  and Jan Ponnet who came second and third.

I also have a surprise for Pete. Andreas has kindly offered a year's Premium Membership to the winner of this year's Challenge. I know that Pete is already a Premium Member, but if he drops Andreas a PM, I am sure that a year's extension can be added to his membership.

Thanks again to everyone. The Night Challenge Winner will be announced tomorrow and I will also publish a list of the kit used for all of the entries.

Hopefully, we can meet in Athens next year, but even if we do, let's have a parallel virtual challenge for those who cannot make it. This year has been good.

The full list of runners and riders is here.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 6

Well done Pete, and everyone else.

Obviously we missed the social side of the challenge this year which is kind of the point of it but I agree with Andy that we should continue the virtual challenge as well to give everyone a chance to take part.

It was not less challenging photographicallly this year that's for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Gelatino said, # 36 was the instant winner when one knows the temperament of the Forum.

Well done Pete, no surprise there either and also to Andy (especially for the organizing) and to Jan.

We all had a ball participating and my particular challenge was that both my Day and Night shots were done under lockdown and so I never went out my front door to shoot. However, my outtakes were done during a 1 hour 'release', but I got a certain pleasure from shooting 'locked up'.

It was great to see a wider diversity of participants this year, shooting from home, and hopefully it will continue as I don't anticipate being able to travel again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the winners and all participants! If fun was the objective, then Mission Accomplished. Enjoyed the virtual format, though meeting in person is irreplaceable, I hope that we might have a virtual participation possibility from time to time as well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1