Multifunction Handgrip Question -- AC Adapter

ord

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,  I've had my M240 for several years now and am a true fan.  Recently I've been getting into the video function that I had originally criticized and I really enjoy it -- it has a really unique feel and warmth that gives it its own character (and is now a reason I don't switch to the M10).  I recently purchased the multifunction handgrip, not for the GPS (I have long used GeoTag Photos 2 for this and it works great), but so that I can (A) tether my camera to my computer, ideally to use the Leica as a webcam as my work goes more and more virtual and (B) to plug my computer in to a wall outlet.  

Shortly after making the purchase I realized (i) that it may be impossible to use the M240 as a camera through the computer if everything needs to be done through image shuttle and (ii) that the multifunction handgrip does not come with an AC adapter (of course not).  I am not able to find an AC adapter for it anywhere, in fact, and they are as expensive as the used handgrip.  I'm assuming that the connection is Leica proprietary but I would be interested if others know of another system that would work to (safely) provide power -- kind of like how an Olympus EVF will work instead of a Leica one.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Here are the names and order numbers for the record:

Leica AC-Adapter for multifunction handgrip M 14497
Leica Multifunctional handgrip M, black paint 14495

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the whole point may be moot.  The tethering done through the multifunction handgrip is via USB --- there is no HDMI out from the camera so it cannot be used as I had hoped as a higher-end replacement for my laptop camera for meetings.