Leica M6 Panda early version

eksund

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know, this topic has been up before. But the thing is that I own an M6 Panda manufactured 1989.

What I´ve read and find out so far is that there was no Pandas around before -91. But I am 100% sure

that my camera is an original from factory camera, based on from whom I bought it. First original owner

and I know when and where he bought the camera, early 1990 in a small town in Sweden.

My guess is that they started to be built in the series 1772501 - 1775000  in 1989.

I have seen other up for sale within that range.

The serial number is 1773xxx 

I need to do some more research on this topic.

Edited by eksund

My M6 camera is serial number 1773488 which falls right within your range for the panda. My panda was also one owner...

I have heard that the Pandas were made earlier...seen an article or two about it. Still a mystery as to why and when. But the fact remains they are out here as there are at least 2 from 1989!..  Let me know what you find, jim

I have seen that article prior.... On my 1989 version, it comes with a white box and red velvet inside...as opposed to what this article states as a black box. So not even the box color can be assumed.....  Mine is a white box, panda...one owner from 1989. ...