Leica "Professional" Charger

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Friends, anyone have experience with the so called Leica "Professional" Charger (16011)? I have casually been looking for one and Camera West had a used one for $150, so I bought it. I have had the unfortunate experience of having two of the standard chargers (16009) crap out on me. And so I bring two with me now when I travel (back when we did that sort of thing). So I'd be curious to know if this dual charger is more robust than the single charge device.

Cheers,

David

1 hour ago, Deliberate1 said:

Friends, anyone have experience with the so called Leica "Professional" Charger (16011)? I have casually been looking for one and Camera West had a used one for $150, so I bought it. I have had the unfortunate experience of having two of the standard chargers (16009) crap out on me. And so I bring two with me now when I travel (back when we did that sort of thing). So I'd be curious to know if this dual charger is more robust than the single charge device.

Cheers,

David

David,

Call Leica NJ.  They graciously just mailed me a new charger.

I have also now acquired the dual charger and it works well.

Hope you're staying safe.  Regards,

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 1

Rob,

Nice to hear from you, and appreciate your note. Actually, when one of the chargers died I mentioned it to Josh at Miami, and when I got back my 006 with the sensor replacement there was a shiny new charger in the package. A nice gesture, especially when a new one goes for about $250, for what I assume is just a Leica branded product. Hopefully, I will have better luck with the dual charger. If there is any saving grace, it is really extraordinary how long a battery holds a charge and how you can extend the juice by being stingy with the electronic demands.

Rob, hope all is well with your family and wish for you and yours a safe and healthy new year.

David

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Deliberate1 said:

So I'd be curious to know if this dual charger is more robust than the single charge device.

I use the dual charger, both my cameras are used with grip so take two batteries.  It was the only one I used for about six years, then it died earlier this year - so I replaced it (thanks Sarnian)

john

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, the dual charger has been discontinued since (I think) 2017 or 2018?  I do have one and I love it.  But I heard that it was 3rd party and overheated killing the circuitry, hence discontinued. I ordered one used, but it wouldn't charge and the display wouldn't light up.  I prefer it, and wanted one at each of two locations, but I have settled for just one.  If anyone finds sources of reliable dual chargers, I'd be interested.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SrMi said:

The dual charger is excellent. Unfortunately, Leica stopped producing it. I was able to get a new one from Camera West, Walnut Creek, when purchasing my S3. Have never used the included charger :).

+1.

• 3 weeks later...