Advertisement (gone after registration)

Probably already answered many times. Sorry for the repeat.

Does anyone know whom to contact at Apple in regard to getting the D-Lux 7's raw files recognized in MacOS High Sierra? (2011 computer; High Sierra is latest compatible OS.)

Apple says to contact Leica because the camera files may not be compatible with the OS. That doesn't ring true to me...

Or would it be best just to forget about it? 

Thanks!

Edited by ho_co

Compatibility of a file with an OS is not an issue here; the question is compatibility of a file with a program. Adobe's Camera Raw and the appropriate plugin are what you need. These are available for your OS. See Adobe's website.

2 hours ago, jrethorst said:

Compatibility of a file with an OS is not an issue here; the question is compatibility of a file with a program.... 

Thank you. I tried to make that point to the Apple technician. Indeed, Adobe's programs work fine with the D-Lux 7 files. 

But Apple has built into its OS the framework for interpreting raw files, so that one can preview a file from the Finder without the need of viewing it in a program. And for that reason, Apple apps such as Preview also can't read the D-Lux 7 files.

My Ms, my previous D-Luxes, my Nikons, my Sony can all be read directly from the Finder. It seems to me since Apple has chosen to make raw deciphering part of their OS but hasn't seen fit to accommodate the D-Lux 7, that the Apple tech who told me that the camera's files may not be compatible with the System is in error.

But Apple has built into its OS the framework for interpreting raw files, so that one can preview a file from the Finder without the need of viewing it in a program.

Aha. I didn't know that. You're more current than this El Capitan user. Sorry for the bandwidth.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.