Single Point Camera Strap for M10M Recommendation?

Cayenne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the Really Right Stuff L-Plate and Grip set up for my new M10M, to go with my RRS mounts on tripod, monopod, etc.

Really Right Stuff L-Plate Set and Grip for Leica M10

This L-bracket, however has only 1 Quick Disconnect, which would seem to warrant a single point attachment camera strap to work with this.

I'd never thought of a single mount strap and wondering if anyone here might have some recommendations for a single point attachment camera strap?

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

I use a single point attachment with a Harry Benz J-loop. I also have the RRS L plate and grip for my M10M.

i like that once I have the camera on a tripod, if I feel the strap is in the way, it can just be unsnapped rapidly.

i have grown to completely prefer an over the shoulder strap vs around the neck., and I also prefer how the camera hangs from a single eyelet. The photo doesn’t show the L-plate, but does show the Harry Benz “La Cravate” wrist strap that can be ordered with the J-loop, if you like wrist straps.

Jack

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Oh, I asked Leica Store Miami if they had ever had a single eyelet give away, as some here had worried. They have never heard of a problem.

• Like 1

The RRS plate with QD is supposed to be used with Magpul strap, it's attachment to camera plate is shown on the RRS web page but not the entire strap. 

Magpul was originally developed to carry weapons (machineguns) and is extremely sturdy, I sometime carry Z7 with 70-200mm (about 2kg or 4 pounds) attached via single point to the tripod foot, it can also be attached to two points utilizing lens and camera plates with QD socket.  It may not be to taste to people who prefer fashion straps.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1545776-REG/kirk_mag_ms4strap_magpul_ms4_strap.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LeicaS2 said:

.....Oh, I asked Leica Store Miami if they had ever had a single eyelet give away, as some here had worried. They have never heard of a problem.

Well it has indeed happened, to me and to others:  

Edited by elgenper

31 minutes ago, elgenper said:

Well it has indeed happened, to me and to others:  

OH wow...that IS freakin' scary!!

:O

I was a bit concerned about a single point QD set up, but seeing this on the 'native' double eyelets....I'm not quite as concerned about a QD attachment of one.

I do have for my bigger camera, a HoldFast solo set up which is very nice and in addition to the single connect (that you can use a QD with) it has a backup one.

HoldFast Money Maker Solo

It is just that that rig it too big really for the M10M....and I was wanting something smaller to suit the body and more 'on the run' need.

5 hours ago, mmradman said:

The RRS plate with QD is supposed to be used with Magpul strap, it's attachment to camera plate is shown on the RRS web page but not the entire strap. 

Magpul was originally developed to carry weapons (machineguns) and is extremely sturdy, I sometime carry Z7 with 70-200mm (about 2kg or 4 pounds) attached via single point to the tripod foot, it can also be attached to two points utilizing lens and camera plates with QD socket.  It may not be to taste to people who prefer fashion straps.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1545776-REG/kirk_mag_ms4strap_magpul_ms4_strap.html

D'oh!!

I dunno why I didn't think a rifle sling, of course those come in single QD configurations.....

I got to looking around, and this leather version might be interesting:

Mean Gene 2-to-1 Single Point Leather Sling

That might do the trick.

Actually, I think I have a spare rifle sling, nylon of this type somewhere around the house, I'll go look for it and see if that might work.

Thanks for the help!!

cayenne