SL2-S

nicci78

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, Ktsa5239 said:

It seems like Leica all around the world is better and more friendly than the one in Sydney Australia.... the guy doesn’t even want to talk to me even though I’ve already bought a m10 and three lenses from him. He always answers my questions with few words. And when I asked him about the SL2-S yesterday he’s just said “never heard of it” 

Back in April 2019 Leica in Melbourne (Level 1 St Collins Lane) were amazingly helpful and friendly.  Had a long conversation with a Leica rep who was visiting - first rate guy.

Leica in Sydney (QVB) I'm less impressed about.  Never have what you are looking for/ takes months to get in etc.  And Then Their Attitude Leaves A Lot To Be Desired.

Walked past their store a couple of weeks ago – was amazed that COVID hadn't wiped them out (yet).

As to the rumoured SL2S - sounds great, even if I'm not a video guy.  A 24MP SL with IBIS and better high ISO is exactly what I'm looking for 😃

22 hours ago, Steven said:

I just walked out of the Leica headquarters in Paris

You are lucky...

I thought all the Leica Shops in Paris were closed, only possibility is to have a meeting with Laurent (Beaumarchais) or Alessandro (Saint-Honoré) via a Zoom meeting (all other employees are at home)

20 minutes ago, didier said:

You are lucky...

I thought all the Leica Shops in Paris were closed, only possibility is to have a meeting with Laurent (Beaumarchais) or Alessandro (Saint-Honoré) via a Zoom meeting (all other employees are at home)

If you make a purchase, you can go see them at the store. I already saw Laurent and Alessandro at least theee times each in the last 3 weeks ! But you gotta buy. 

On 11/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, Ktsa5239 said:

It seems like Leica all around the world is better and more friendly than the one in Sydney Australia.... the guy doesn’t even want to talk to me even though I’ve already bought a m10 and three lenses from him. He always answers my questions with few words. And when I asked him about the SL2-S yesterday he’s just said “never heard of it” 

Had the same treatment unfortunately there is only one nice guy there: Danny, is very friendly 

On 11/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

I'm relieved - having recently got the SL2, I know I don't want this one.

Having the SL2, I may want the SL2-S as well.  If the low light performance of the sensor matches that of the Panasonic S1 it would allow me to use my Summicron SL lenses at night with higher ISO and lower noise.  

On 11/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, Steven said:

If you make a purchase, you can go see them at the store. I already saw Laurent and Alessandro at least theee times each in the last 3 weeks ! But you gotta buy. 

I’ve been « buying » there for 15+ years. Had great talks for years with Jean-Marc, the founder of « La Maison du Leica », whole Saturday Mornings before customers arrived about everything, not only Leica. And more recently with Alessandro.

But as I do live 500 km from Paris, and my business trips cancelled, no possibility, and no hurry for me to buy...

just waiting/hoping for Life going back to normal asap... 

Edited by didier

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, DaveV said:

In fact, Eli Kurkland (owner) was not only helpful when I was shopping for my SL2 system, but he gave me his mobile phone number, in case I had additional questions.  He earned my business and because of that, I spent $20K on the camera and lenses.  If I got a bad attitude, I would have gone home and ordered online,  through B&H.

Eli Kurland, former manager at Wall St Camera, then had his own shop, Kurland Photo, destroyed in 9/11 attack, and recently had the SoHo store looted.  Good guy, seemingly deserves a break.

Jeff

Imagine a 90-280 silver 🤠....

I saw this at the BSC salon in march 2020... he claimed it was made by leica for him, but I have some strong feeling it is homemade...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Aaron Daniel said:

Looking to keep this thread going and active :)  Any new global rumours or updates?

I stopped by the Leica store today to buy a q2 after selling mine last week (huge mistake). 
I teased the store manager saying his date of December 10 was wrong because nothing had appeared online to confirm this. He stood firmly and confidently by his word, saying that “the date of December 10 was real”. 

let’s see. His credibility is now at stake ! 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ZHNL said:

I hope it has flip screen. This is the only feature I desperately need it from SL2. 
I will wait for this one or S5. 

Yes, SL2-S is likely a mix of S1 and S5. It will be interesting to see whether Panasonic's lastes af update is included in SL2-S, implying forthcoming updates in SL2 as well. The S5 is a fine, small body (albeit not as simple as Leica bodies). And yes, the flip screen is good to have! 

• Thanks 2