Leica FOTOS 2.2.0 released, all Pro features are now free

Simone_DF

See posts on this subject on M10 forum.  One such person got his refund from Apple, since he had paid only a few days ago.  

I tested, and could upload a DNG for FREE!  Still can't use the video shutter protocol to trigger multiple shots and haven't tried video.  What other Pro features are thee to look for?  Other bugs still exist.

I've got the iPad version working eventually, but annoyingly I have to disconnect and "forget" my home network before it will do so. If my iPad is connected to my home WiFi when Fotos attempts to connect, I just get a "Unable to connect to network" error. It works fine on my iPhone (same home network).

A lot of people ask why such features cannot be built into cameras. Now we know why as the complaints would be endless. However, all electronic stuff tends to have bugs, even software from the likes of Apple, Microsoft and Google. I still have not found a reason why I would 'need' FOTOS. I tried it once and it would not 'talk' to my M10, so I have left it alone ever since. Can anyone come up with any real 'needs' that it actually meets?

William

I use it as a cable release, and for shots taken at very inconvenient angles, where I can't see through the camera or even check the LCD.  And for  configuration setting on my M10-D.  And to set date and time for varying time zones, back when travel between them was easier.  I'd like to use it for GPS localization, but that hasn't been reliable enough.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb wlaidlaw:

Having only paid the annual subscription fee just over a month ago, I am not too happy for myself about it suddenly being made free. I feel pro-rata refunds might be in order. 

I'll contact Wetzlar, perhaps they have a solution...

Andreas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great, but it still does not fulfill the simple function of being able to provide GPS / time set  for the SL2.

I don’t really need the facility of downloading pics from the SL2 as using the card reader is probably more battery efficient, but the app seems to insist on establishing a Wi-fi connection and then discovering that I am using 2 cards, which it doesn’t like, after scanning my 128GB cards ...

I don’t know whether the problem is one of bureaucracy (a subcontractor working to rule), incompetence (eg, poor software architectural model), or lack of resources / adequate investment, but this app still seems broken to me.

If anyone has paid for Fotos, a request for a pro-rata refund should be made via the support link on the app. I had to turn emails back on on one of my iPads to do this, as I normally have emails off on my iPads and iPhones, to avoid duplication with my MacBook. The suggestion was a free subscription to LFI or Adobe CC but I have turned these down as I already purchase and have paid for these. The alternative suggestion would possibly be an ex-gratia camera battery which I advised that I would find very acceptable for my SL, CL or M10-R. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw