Sigma 500mm 4.5 APO EX DG HSM - EF adapter

Ivar B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I noted that a previous generation Sigma 4.5/500mm is for sale locally. This lens, when new, was priced almost equally to the new 4.0/500mm Sports, but now prices are very low.

I have no reason to question the optical quality, but does anyone know if these "past generation" Sigmal lenses will perform as they should with the Sigma L/EF-adapter? Will the camera stablilization work? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes previous generation Sigma lens prices are low because they require re-chipping by Sigma to be electronically compatible with modern cameras ... Sigma have offered re-chipping for some lenses. Maybe the only sure way of ascertaining if the Sigma 500/4.5 is fully compatible is to email Sigma and quote its serial number ... it was first released in 1990 thus a very early lens might not be compatible ... unless re-chipped ... but some replacement chips are no longer available 

https://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/faq/i-have-an-old-sigma-70-300mm-lens-which-i-gather-needs-re-chipping-to-work-on-my-new-canon-digital-slr-can-this-be-done/

dunk

• Thanks 2