M 24 mm .2.8 asph

Kamyar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys. 
Do you have experience using this lens? ( 24mm f 2.8 asph ) 

i have 28 lux . 35 cron . 50 apo. 75 apo .

i shoot with m10m. 
i can buy this lens 1000$

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The 24 Elmarit is a great lens I was very fond of. The small problem is that it is bulky with the front lens shade. I had to chance of acquiring an excellent copy of Summilux 24 and sold the Elmarit in a trade to acquire a monochrom. But It is a lens that has its own style and great results. The rest is the photographer's ability.

• Like 1

vor 22 Stunden schrieb andybarton:

I have one and it’s my favourite lens. 

I have one, too, and it's a great lens. At a 1000 USD, it seems a bargain to me (they are usually more expensive).

vor 6 Minuten schrieb newnew:

The 24 Elmarit is a great lens I was very fond of. The small problem is that it is bulky with the front lens shade.

The OP owns a 28 Summilux, so I presume that size is not a problem. Besides, the 24/2.8 Elmarit is quite a bit more compact than any of the Summilux 21, 24 and 28 lenses.

Cheers, Andy

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 minutes ago, wizard said:

Besides, the 24/2.8 Elmarit is quite a bit more compact than any of the Summilux 21, 24 and 28 lenses.

Cheers, Andy

Andy, This is not my experience. It is true that the Lux is longer but Elmarit was larger and was less ergonomic I found in terms of balancing. The Lux balances very well  on my Monochrom 246. But all of this is personal preferences and I believe this is what OP was asking. I am not recommending him to buy rather a Lux though. Elmarit is optically great if he is fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems a lot next to the 28 Summilux. There might be situations where you need both. Just not many I can think of. 21 mm or wider probably makes a better addition if you need wider. A lot will come back to what you are trying to achieve. Shooting indoors? 28mm Summilux is better suited. Landscapes? A more compact 21 or 24 mm Elmar would be better suited (although the 28 mm will do pretty well as the lens you already own). Street photography? Probably covered by the 35 or 28 mm you already have.

What does the 24 mm 2.8 achieve that your current lenses do not? Width? I know they're different but you're not getting much more than 28 mm. Speed? It's slower than your 28 mm. Size? There are smaller alternatives available. For those reasons I don't see the point. Sure $1000 might be a good price but so what? I'd still prefer it in my wallet. That said, you won't have to look far to find other people to support your decision to buy, as you would no doubt like to. Did you ever ask these questions before and not buy the lens afterwards?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have the lens. Mine is the silver brass version. Love it 🙂

These were shot on my M240. At $1k if clean, it's a no brainer. Get it 😈

I have a nice chrome copy of this lens and really enjoy it! Delivers really all the time with a very pleasant rendering!

1000 USD... well, that is probably not very much more than the production cost of only the second lens element in this lens alone... 😉! Go and get it!

Edited by Stein K S

So Kaymar, did you buy the lens? I did, the €1650 one i was talking about earlier. I must say it is worth it, i have been using several times lately and.  I think the results are very special, i understand why some called it one of Leica's best lenses. Here are some photo's i made in the last few days.

• Like 8