S1(r) - Remote control for auto. image sequence in bulb mode?

BeuBu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

does anybody know an external controller / timer for the S1(r) which allows to progam an image sequence in bulb mode? The goal is to get a sequence of e.g. 10 x 120sec for astro photography. Currently I do it manually with the Panasonic external shutter remote control or use the internal time lapse mode, which is limited to 60sec.

Thanks,
Uwe

20 hours ago, helged said:

Hello, MIOPS - or similar devices - should work, with the correct (Panasonic) cable. But you cannot extend the longest possible exposure time set by the camera. 

Thanks helged,
I try to check this one.
From a friend I've got another hint: https://de.hama.com/00005201/hama-timerfernausloeser-dccsystem-base-fuer-kameras-mit-remote-control-eingang?bySearch=Kamera-Auslöser
Hama confirmed that the "PAN" adapter cable, which you have to buy separately, is compatible to the S1r, but they don't know if all functions are running. I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeuBu said:

Thanks helged,
I try to check this one.
From a friend I've got another hint: https://de.hama.com/00005201/hama-timerfernausloeser-dccsystem-base-fuer-kameras-mit-remote-control-eingang?bySearch=Kamera-Auslöser
Hama confirmed that the "PAN" adapter cable, which you have to buy separately, is compatible to the S1r, but they don't know if all functions are running. I'll give it a try.

Fine - and pass a word about your findings (should work, but hard to tell before testing...).

[Having S1R and SL2, I can confirm that MIOPS runs on S1R with the Panasonic 4-pin cable, and on SL2 with a 2.5mm to 2.3mm 4-pin adapter. Concerning the latter, not all 2.5mm to 2.3mm 4-pin adapters work, possibly because of a non-unique protocol for the 4-pin jacks.]

Edited by helged

Hi All,
meanwhile I was able to test the Hama DCCSystem with the PAN-1 adapater cable on the S1r.

All functions of the remote control are working with the S1r as decribed in the manual, incl. auto focus control and a auto. sequence of exposures >60s in Bulb mode (what is very helpful for me for astro photography). Note that you have to calculate the time for NR (if enabled) into the interval time of the remote control. In this case the interval time has to set at least 2 times the exposure time.

Uwe

PS. This is not an ad, I have no relation to Hama 🙂

• Like 1