Sign in to follow this  
agencal

SL2 Evf-Lcd Eye Sensor Problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am on a autumn landscape photo trip right now with sigma 14-24mm,35mm and 75mm apo SL + 90-280mm.

I am very happy up to now with the system but something makes me crazy.

I choose auto for the LCD-EVF selection and sensor sensitivity low. When i put my eye tightly to lcd the view suddenly switches lcd to evf. But then evf goes dark.This doesn’t happen at indoors like studio or home but outdoor. Then i retreat and push my eye back than view comes again but then goes away.That makes me crazy and i started to choose EVF Only option which closes the eye sensor and then everything goes to normal.But i want to use the sensor because most of the time after shooting with Evf i want to review image from Lcd.

Anyone having this problem?

Edited by agencal

On 10/18/2020 at 12:01 AM, Red Dot Cameras said:

Hi

Have you tried wiping the sensor in the top of the eyepiece. If this doesn’t work then do a factory reset.

Ivor

Thank you IVOR but i tried both ways you said and nothing changed.It is it is a design issue :(

The behaviour you describe doesn't sound right. What function do you have on the button to the right of the EVF. If it is the EVF-LCD selection function, are you accidentally pressing it and toggling the EVF settings, including blanking the EVF? (I discovered this risk just now!)

Do you get the same behaviour in EVF-Extended?

Edited by LocalHero1953

3 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

The behaviour you describe doesn't sound right. What function do you have on the button to the right of the EVF. If it is the EVF-LCD selection function, are you accidentally pressing it and toggling the EVF settings, including blanking the EVF? (I discovered this risk just now!)

Do you get the same behaviour in EVF-Extended?

The button to the right of the EVF has evf-lcd selection function and i am quite sure that i am not touching it when lookig trough the evf.

And yes the behaviour is the same at Evf extended mode as well. I can only use EVF selection without any problems.

A friend of mine has an SL2 with the same problem.

I don't have an SL, but on the CL this behaviour is caused by a dirty eye sensor. But, a knock once dislodged the sensor so it needed a trip to Wetzlar.