Lunch at Norms

Henry Taylor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, Henry Taylor said:

Thanks you for you good point of view. I just looked at the news from CNN and they reported recently as of today  228,675 deaths due to the Corona 19 virus from  a total of 8,947,872 reported cases. THAT ONLY .025%  not nearly as bad  as its being reported by  the news media.

Do you realize how silly that sounds? You just quoted information you got from "the news media" which you claim is misrepresenting the data. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Edited by fotografr

8 hours ago, fotografr said:

Do you realize how silly that sounds? You just quoted information you got from "the news media" which you claim is misrepresenting the data. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

My point was that  CNN didn't report  the percentage because it didn't help their view. If I were told when I was in combat my chances  in staying   alive would be  98.5%  I would have  had less to worry about.😱

2 hours ago, tritentrue said:

Nice shots, Henry.  I enjoyed the beach portraits in the other thread as well.  

Thank you

Edited by Henry Taylor
add on

There is more here than what is being told. I'm tired of hearing of all the gloom  and fear that the media is portraying.  Could it be they are using the Corona 19 Virus  to cover up the non accomplushiments of the opposing party  running for office? 😉 

Yes I agree, this is getting off the main purpose of this thread.  This will be my last comment on this matte I will. maker, lets all just set back and enjoy our pictures😀

Hank

Edited by Henry Taylor
add on last comment
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 minutes ago, Henry Taylor said:

Could it be they are using the Corona 19 Virus  to cover up

A big definite NO!

It looks like we, in the Uk, will be back into a national 'lockdown' along with most of Europe next week.

I have just heard from a friend in the US that a friend's  son, Miami University freshman,  cought Covid and passed it to his grandparents, one of whom died at just 75. The kid is mortified and will obviously need to try and rationalise what happened. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, Henry Taylor said:

Thanks you for you good point of view. I just looked at the news from CNN and they reported recently as of today  228,675 deaths due to the Corona 19 virus from  a total of 8,947,872 reported cases. THAT ONLY .025%  not nearly as bad  as its being reported by  the news media.

Unfortunately, it's 100 times worse than that

If we ignore the fact that 228,675 deaths (in the US alone) is nearly a quarter of a million, which is an horrendous number by any stretch of the imagination, the calculation is

228,675 divided by 8,947,872 TIMES 100 to express as a percentage = 2.56%

So, on average, of 100 people in your town, who have contracted the virus, nearly three of them are dead because of it.

In the UK, the figures are 46,229 divided by 989,749 x 100 = 4.67%

The odds don't sound so good now, do they?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jaapv locked this topic