Lunch at Norms

Henry Taylor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's good  to get back to almost normal, having lunch at a restaurant and not be concern about wearing a mask, besides who can eat with a mask on😄

The 2nd shot later had dinner at Lucille's Smokehouse  and grab this shot of two busboys posing for me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Thanks Stuny,  I realize it but it worth it . It's really a Plague and the only way to get rid of it is to let it run its course. When enough people that do  get it and build up an immunity the virus will die out  

Yes some sadly  will die, however when you look at the percentages that do it's less than 2%, not bad odds and especially if you are healthy with no serious problems.

I'm willing to take my chances. 👍

I can expect to  hear a lot of negative comments, but that's ok.🤒

Edited by Henry Taylor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Henry Taylor:

... however when you look at the percentages that do it's less than 2%, not bad odds

I do not play any lottery, since with most lotteries my chances to win something are less than 1,000,000 : 1. However, if my chances of success were 98 : 2 in a regular lottery, I would not hesitate to play that lottery. Go figure ...

Cheers, and stay well,

Andy

Thanks Andy, and Michael for me life is too short to worry or  fear  the probability.

Like a nuclear explosion as you so well stated  Michael   is something I have no control over and getting infected with covid 19 is also something I have no control over.  I can tell you if you are not wearing  a n-19 mask your really not protected . As an Environmental Hygienist  I've  been doing Mold Remediation for the past 35 years and come into contact with all kind of viruses  and mold ; there we use a full face HEPA Respirators and jumps suits. Even when checking a home or office that may have a mold problem I 'll wear a n-19  mask .

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, Henry Taylor said:

Thanks Stuny,  I realize it but it worth it . It's really a Plague and the only way to get rid of it is to let it run its course. When enough people that do  get it and build up an immunity the virus will die out  

Yes some sadly  will die, however when you look at the percentages that do it's less than 2%, not bad odds and especially if you are healthy with no serious problems.

I'm willing to take my chances. 👍

I can expect to  hear a lot of negative comments, but that's ok.🤒

Here's a negative comment as you expected. This disease will not "run its course." The only way it will be eradicated is for people to go through a period of masking and distancing. Dr Deborah Birx was just here and she emphasized that the main reason the number of cases are rising so dramatically in this country is that people are letting their guard down and congregating in places like restaurants where there very well could be asymptomatic people who are spreading it.

Participating in this behavior means that you are accepting the very real possibility of spreading this virus to someone who could die. That is the epitomy of selfish behavior and shows an extreme lack of concern for both economic recovery and the health of your fellow Americans.

Incidentally, 2% of the population of this country is 7 million people. That's the risk you're willing to take???

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, Henry Taylor said:

Thanks Andy, and Michael for me life is too short to worry or  fear  the probability.

Like a nuclear explosion as you so well stated  Michael   is something I have no control over and getting infected with covid 19 is also something I have no control over.  I can tell you if you are not wearing  a n-19 mask your really not protected . As an Environmental Hygienist  I've  been doing Mold Remediation for the past 35 years and come into contact with all kind of viruses  and mold ; there we use a full face HEPA Respirators and jumps suits. Even when checking a home or office that may have a mold problem I 'll wear a n-19  mask .

Taking a risk with your own life and health is one thing. Risking the health and life of others you come in contact with and showing complete disregard for doing so is reprehensible.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, Henry Taylor said:

As a self proclaimed expert, I'm surprised you don't know there is no such thing as an "n-19 mask." It's an N-95 mask.

Your statement puts you at odds with medical professionals, including Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci, who have studied this virus enough to know and state emphatically that wearing a cloth mask is one of the best protections available. It does not have to be an N-95.

Please don't spread false information. If someone believes what you wrote you could cause them to put their own health in jeopardy.

Giving this a bit more thought, death (2%) is not the only issue.  Three friends of mine, all slender, and ages 36, 50 and 59 all got mild cases and survived, but not until after they went through a very painful ordeal which included exceptionally low energy and stamina for a full month.  It was several additional weeks of  severe fatigue that followed them all after the painful month.

Then there are the non-fatal issues of a host of symptoms well after being clear of the virus, which scientists posit are due to inflammation during the infections.

Then there is the issue of spreading the virus, dooming those impacted to illness, longer term symptoms or  in 2% of the cases to death.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eventually, we will all know someone who has gotten this virus. I also have had three close friends infected and all were previously very active and healthy. One got it early on back in February, was hospitalized for three weeks and to this day is constantly fatigued. The other two were not hospitalized but both said it was the sickest they have ever been. This virus is not to be taken lightly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fotografr said:

This virus is not to be taken lightly.

Quite right.

This is completely new to almost all of us. The point to remember, IMO, is that our efforts with masks, quarantining, distancing, avoiding groups is that the goal is to avoid passing the virus on. Unless the advice has changed, we should wear masks in public places to as to avoid passing the virus on – not so much to protect ourselves. It is a time to think of others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks you for you good point of view. I just looked at the news from CNN and they reported recently as of today  228,675 deaths due to the Corona 19 virus from  a total of 8,947,872 reported cases. THAT ONLY .025%  not nearly as bad  as its being reported by  the news media.

Here is an interesting fact: Your chances of dying from the Corona 19 Virus  is far less  then an American during the Civil War .

When you compare the number of death during the Civil  War  360,222 from the North and 258,675 from the South that's a total of 618,897 or roughly 2% of the population at that time.  

Personally I'm not worried I'll take my chances .

• Like 1

Your math is close enough, but here's an old joke about a mother warning her daughter about a "fate worse than death."  Loss of virginity and unwanted pregnancy is the issue with the joke.  People who get it and survive may prefer death in the more serious cases, and even the relatively mild ones.  Additionally, you're not just taking an exceptionally small risk of your own life, but you are potentially putting others in danger of pain, suffering and death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henry Taylor said:

Personally I'm not worried I'll take my chances .

That is not the point. You could be spreading the disease to others and not even know it. Do you have any sense of social/societal responsibility about such matters?

William

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willeica said:

That is not the point. You could be spreading the disease to others and not even know it. Do you have any sense of social/societal responsibility about such matters?

William

You are absolutely right. If Henry wants to take his chances in isolation, that's fine. But he apparently doesn't care who else he might infect or what their outcome might be.  This point has been made repeatedly but some people seem more concerned about having a good meal than doing their part to eradicate this virus.

The real irony is that these are often the same people who say they want the economy to recover. Our economy will not recover until people can feel safe walking into stores and restaurants. Acting with disregard for that fact only prolongs this long downturn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• jaapv locked this topic