Jeff Wagner

Leica M-Adapter L Black

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Chinese knock off does not worth it. Just buy the real deal. You are already paying high price for CL and for Summicron. Why save few dollars in that department.

Losing EXIF,  access to lens selection menu, automatic software correction, dial for magnification and perfect tolerance. Do not worth it. 

I will always remember a member of french forum summilux.net complaining about its SL2 and Noctilux-M 0.95/50mm asph. Putting the whole in sale. He did not realised that its cheap adapter were the culprit ! No software correction and bad tolerances make the image look bad.

He finally just change the adapter for the Leica one. Every trouble solved.

Morality : saving 200€ after paying 13000€ were kinda dumb.

PS : you should listen to Peter Karbe presentation about the art of M lenses. Software corrections are compulsory in order to be used on digital body. 

Presentation available on Leica Australia or Singapore YouTube channels.

Edited by nicci78

48 minutes ago, Joe S said:

Thanks for clarifying that.   So other than the use of the four way controller instead of the L or R dial the focus assist function is identical.    Does one touch magnify and a second touch increase the magnification?    And yet another touch return to the complete image?

I couldn't tell you. I've been using the M Adapter L exclusively since I bought the CL. :) 

G

On 10/19/2020 at 2:26 PM, ramarren said:

Whether something is worth what it costs is a useful question, and I'd have to say that the M Adapter L has been easily worth what it cost me. I've been using mine constantly for about five years now: it has worked flawlessly and provided more functionality than any of the other mount adapters I've used. Its mounting action is firm, precise, and properly aligned, the mount register is closer to right on the money than any other third party adapter's has been, and, after five years of constant use, you could not tell it apart from a new one coming out of the box if I put them together on the table in front of you. That's quality and value.

G

Thanks for that.  As I’m unlikely to be using any coded M lenses I think the 7 Artisans version will have do on a T body which itself only cost me £375 GBP.     I’m using the older T on a restricted budget anyway. (I bought my first Leica, a IIIb, some 60 years back). I think a Visoflex would be more useful to help with more accurate focussing!

Edited by danmdan

On 10/21/2020 at 6:36 AM, nicci78 said:

Chinese knock off does not worth it. Just buy the real deal. You are already paying high price for CL and for Summicron. Why save few dollars in that department.

Losing EXIF,  access to lens selection menu, automatic software correction, dial for magnification and perfect tolerance.

Some are better than others, so with no connection to either Company, I use adapters from K&F and 7Artisans.