What do you photograph whilst self-isolating

pedaes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The pussy

M10 / 50mm APO-Summicron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Amanda trying her hand a pouring acrylics - and messing up my old development trays.

M10 / 50mm APO-Summicron

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, pedaes said:

The pussy...

Handsome Chap / Lass!

Scrap (for that is her name) isn't one for posing but, this morning, she paused mid-wash to see what on earth I was up to.

M-D Typ-262, 7Artisans 50mm f1.1 shot wide-open;

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, pedaes said:

...Scrap looks mischievous!...

Without wishing to derail the thread...

Scrap is an odd thing. I know cats are famed for their curiosity but she takes the concept to a whole different level entirely and her curiosity is matched by both her dexterity and her agility. She had been abandoned as a young thing (in a scrap-yard - hence her name) and was taken-in by an elderly neighbour of ours. Sadly this neighbour died in July and (long-story-made-short) Scrap adopted us thereafter. The daughter of our neighbour told us that her mother always said a cat chooses where it wants to live so if we were happy with her she was ours for the keeping. Naturally we're absolutely delighted to have her as our own act as her 'Staff'.

She has had, at some time in her short life, an injury to her left eye (the right as we look at her) in the corner nearest her nose which has left traces of a scar and, as a result, her eyelid can no longer open fully. Perhaps this 'deformity' was the reason she was abandoned in the first place? Who knows.

She has the sweetest temperament of any cat I've ever known. Being an American Short-haired Calico she comes from a breed of 'mousers' and, by goodness, she is a capable performer. I feel sorry for the all poor wee things which live in the neighbourhood...

That's enough about Scrap; tell us about Hugo!

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pippy said:

Scrap

Hugo is about two years now and also a rescue cat. Amanda's idea! We have had him since end of February so got to know him through the 'lockdown' period. Never really found out how he ended up at the rescue centre. Like Scrap, he is very affectionate with us but goes and hides if a stranger (to him) comes to the house. Purrs like made when stroked and likes a lot of it.

Interesting about cats finding their own home, as we have a neighbours cat that spends a lot of time in our garden as she does not get on with the dog at her own house. Unfortunately she see's Hugo as an interloper and they have yet tolerate each other - and poor Hugo comes off worse and runs in. 

• Thanks 1