First 24 hours with my new (to me) Leica M240

bcapphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

I got my M240 ~ two nights ago, so yesterday was my first day shooting it around the house with our kids.

I have been a professional photographer for 15 years, I shoot digitally with Fuji and I have been shooting with an M6 for 2 years. So - I'm not a noob by any sense, but there's still a lot to learn with shooting (and processing files from) this M240. TL;DR - I'm absolutely loving it so far! Particularly, I love the B&W conversions. It's got me thinking about a Monochrom haha. 

Shots that this camera was made for, thanks. It seems you made the right choice, except, as you say, a Monochrom might sing in your hands.
However, on this forum we like to have images for display in the image threads.

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Shots that this camera was made for, thanks. It seems you made the right choice, except, as you say, a Monochrom might sing in your hands.
However, on this forum we like to have images for display in the image threads.

Sorry - can you clarify? I'm a noob here to the forum so if I'm not following protocol, please feel free to correct me. 

22 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

Sorry - can you clarify? I'm a noob here to the forum so if I'm not following protocol, please feel free to correct me. 

Jaap is referring to the Photo forum section...

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum/7-photo-forum/

Also, since you’ve asked about protocols, while multiple new posts are not uncommon (and often merged by the mods), it might be better, to avoid cross talk and duplication, to use the thread already started to continue the conversation.  You have a similar thread on receiving your M240.

Regardless, welcome to the forum, keep enjoying and keep posting.  

Jeff

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Jaap is referring to the Photo forum section...

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum/7-photo-forum/

Also, since you’ve asked about protocols, while multiple new posts are not uncommon (and often merged by the mods), it might be better, to avoid cross talk and duplication, to use the thread already started to continue the conversation.  You have a similar thread on receiving your M240.

Regardless, welcome to the forum, keep enjoying and keep posting.  

Jeff

3 hours ago, jaapv said:

Precisely. And the camera-specific image threads.

Thank you - sorry about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

Dreadful to think that someone posted images on the wrong thread!! 

Its a very serious place this.

The only down side to the "keep-images-in-one-thread" idea is that - as a newcomer to the forum - I never even went into that thread because it's dozens and dozens of pages long, and I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. Then, there's no dialog around any one set of images, or if there are any, they are impossible to follow and contribute to, because they're surrounded by other images. So you end up with just a massive pool of images without context. 

Personally, I prefer the "share a story, share a set" type of approach where there's a thread/post per set. So each set can live on their own and spark dialog and conversation. 

But it's not my forum 🤷‍♂️ so I'll obey by the rules! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

The only down side to the "keep-images-in-one-thread" idea is that - as a newcomer to the forum - I never even went into that thread because it's dozens and dozens of pages long, and I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. Then, there's no dialog around any one set of images, or if there are any, they are impossible to follow and contribute to, because they're surrounded by other images. So you end up with just a massive pool of images without context. 

Personally, I prefer the "share a story, share a set" type of approach where there's a thread/post per set. So each set can live on their own and spark dialog and conversation. 

But it's not my forum 🤷‍♂️ so I'll obey by the rules! 

The Photo forum that I linked provides exactly that opportunity to post a pic (or pics), followed by discussion.  It’s photo/subject specific, not gear specific organizationally, although one could certainly discuss the gear used.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, bcapphoto said:

Personally, I prefer the "share a story, share a set" type of approach where there's a thread/post per set.

Bcap, I think that if you post in the correct place (street, portrait, architecture, and so on) in the "Photo Forum" section of the forum, you can perfectly adopt the "share a story, share a set" kind of approach. That's where anybody goes to look for pictures. We all do that except when we post in a specific lens thread.

In the "Leica M System" various cameras sections (where you posted), people discuss technical matters or ask for help or discover hot water 😁

Edited by epand56