Capture One still in business? No service contact!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone knows if C1 is still in business? I sent a message to their customer service about 2 weeks ago, but no response at all. Not even a confirmation "thanks for your request"....

I tried to call them, but could not find any phone number, even to their sales. 

I understand Phase One and Capture One  now are two different business entities, but, even P1 seems not in business. The major online order sites, such as B&H, Adorama, are not listing their products at all.  Isn't it weird?

9 minutes ago, Ingo said:

Raise a question on the community page https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/community/posts. That's what I do when I have issues and always get fast and high quality answers. 

My problem needs a real person with authorization.

Also, if it can only rely on the third party, I can not trust this tool. 

I will never buy a “teal” SW that has no real person support. 

From the Phase One website:

you do not own a Phase One camera, but need assistance with Capture One, please contact Capture One Support. Capture One Support Phase One Offices Phase One A/S (HQ) Roskildevej 39. DK-2000 Frederiksberg. Denmark. Tel: + 45 36 46 0111. Fax: +45 36 46 0222. Phase One Asia ...

200 Broadhollow Road, (Suite 312)

Melville. NY 11747-0984

USA

Tel: +1(631)547-8900

Fax: +1(631)547-9898

I Googled it...

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Contact

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 48 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

I Googled it...

That's the Phase One support.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

you do not own a Phase One camera, but need assistance with Capture One, please contact Capture One Support.

On the website there is a link you should click if you don't own a Phase one camera. Then you come to a website with no direct contact options. 🙂

I'm not sure if it's because the pandemic. I had a problem in April and waited two weeks before an answer. I only forgive them because C1 is amazing.

I had an issue on PayPal months ago, and tried to contact customer service... I'm still on chat waiting reply 😂 Hard times.

If nothing works, last chance try to contact this guy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-grover-1a52a74/

https://www.instagram.com/david_at_capture_one/

9 hours ago, jaapv said:

I Googled it...

Thanks for the attached phone number.

I knew that number, but unfortunately it does not work.  It is actually P1's number, but it can direct you to C1 (push button 4). When you get the C1 tech support, it asks you go to C1 web site.

Yes, Surprise! You will be asked to use the message box to send your question/request,  And, no response, it's a dead end.  Not even a confirmation response: "Thanks for contact/request ..."

What really push me away from C1/P1 is when I found no major online order sites (B&H, Adorama, ..) list P1/C1's products (try medium format camera under B&H).

Now I know Bears Image in SF is an authorized P1 dealer, which used to be a very friendly and supportive dealer when they are at Palo Alto (I am sure they will continue to be a very supportive dealer, though I have not dealt with them since they moved).  But even them are only open by appointment. 

Edited by Einst_Stein

15 minutes ago, jaapv said:

I would push 1 and tell them their system is not working and would they please connect me to their supervisor.

Thanks for the advise,

I can only leave a meassage through their web message box, no real person. Then how they will respond is back to the original point.

Although I've only had C1 less than a year, I like it very much. Used to use LR and Photoshop, now only go into PS for unusual needs. In my opinion it's worth it. If you have a particular question that might relate to Leica as well, why not post your question here?

As of summer 2020, Capture One has become a separate company. I expect that there are temporary issues, and support should be getting better while they transition.

P.S.: I do not use C1, but I am glad that Adobe has serious competition.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent them a question the other day, and was also wondering when they would get around to responding. Then I was looking in the "promotions" mailbox in gmail, where generally all the direct marketing emails and newsletters go, and there was the response. You might consider checking the spam or bulk mail folders if you have them, as I suspect that there is something going on with their email routing that is causing their mails from getting flagged. They were pretty responsive and helpful after I figured that out.

Phase One have become a rather "difficult" company and seem to actually resent outside suggestions or constructive criticism. I was a Phase One software beta tester for some years but when I said that I was disappointed that they had not incorporated a haze reduction tool in their latest version, they took offence and struck me off their forum and beta tester list. I rather thought that constructive criticism and comment was what beta users were supposed to do. I asked them around 10 days ago, if version 21 included a camera profile for the Leica M10-R, I got a very sniffy reply back. Unfortunately I really dislike Lightroom which comes as part of my Adobe subscription or I would happily bin Capture One. The latest current version 13.1.3.9 does not have an M10-R ICC profile but the SL2 profile seems to produce acceptable results. I have ordered version 21 as there was a 22% discount today for pre-order. 

Wilson