Voigtlander 21mm | Nokton 1.4 or Color-Skopar 3.5?

Dennis

On the aforementioned fred miranda forum the zeiss loxia 21mm f2.8 totally outclasses the voigtlander 21mm f3.5 in a very detailed review but the 21 f1.4 is very slightly better than the same loxia lens.

Many talented photo editors er i mean photographers on that forum are buying the voigtlander 21mm f1.4 nokton.

The lens vignettes quite heavily at wider apertures it seems but apart from that gives a very fine performance.

On 10/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, Dennis said:

🤔 Seriously? Never? Neither for test, or curiosity? 

1.5 outdoors

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1.5 indoors

• Like 1

Fate ( f/8)

• Like 1

Not too big for me either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Not too big for me either.

Thank you so much for posting, appreciate it. Yes, it has a very reasonable size, and the focus tab is always welcome 🙂 Love that! My only concern for this lens is IQ. I like modern look and contrast like the 2.8/35 ZM Biogon ... But I also know that this is the top class, and you can't reach it quickly and with half of the price, right?
Reading about the CV 21/1.4, it looks like it performs much more similar to my Zeiss rather than the TT ... Do you know what I mean? What do you think?

My conclusion, w/o of course, having not tried in person any of them, it's that the TT it's a bargain and an excellent commitment among all features. And the Nokton is superior, but it is the enormous and double price in exchange. 

1 minute ago, Dennis said:

Thank you so much for posting, appreciate it. Yes, it has a very reasonable size, and the focus tab is always welcome 🙂 Love that! My only concern for this lens is IQ. I like modern look and contrast like the 2.8/35 ZM Biogon ... But I also know that this is the top class, and you can't reach it quickly and with half of the price, right?
Reading about the CV 21/1.4, it looks like it performs much more similar to my Zeiss rather than the TT ... Do you know what I mean? What do you think?

My conclusion, w/o of course, having not tried in person any of them, it's that the TT it's a bargain and an excellent commitment among all features. And the Nokton is superior, but it is the enormous and double price in exchange. 

I looked at both and the CV was Noctilux big. I didn’t see that much difference in the rendering on the samples I saw.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jdlaing said:

I looked at both and the CV was Noctilux big. I didn’t see that much difference in the rendering on the samples I saw.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to do that, but it was impossible for me so far to find a decently centered sample of the 21mm 1.8.
As I have the same issues with the 25mm 4.0 I started to wonder about the manufacturing tolerances and QA of their earlier lenses...

Even the best parts of the frame of those f/1.8 lenses didn't look nearly as good as the f/1.4 though.

If the weight difference is not absolutely crucial I would definitely recommend to get the f/1.4.
Also doesn't have an annoying unremovable hood.

• Thanks 1

Amazon Prime Days had deals on the TTArtisan 21mm 1.5 ($343 with an additional 7% off by using my Prime Card with super slow shipping) as well as the 50mm .95 for $604 (with the same 7% discount)..  They both arrive today, so I haven't been able to test them yet, but getting 2 decent lenses brand new, for infrequent use, both @ less than used prices...  winning

Edited by psyclism