The abbey, Dorchester-on-Thames

dotandcom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

During a recent highly enjoyable visit to my home patch by William Lamb and Ron Schmidt I managed to find a bit of time to grab a few shots of my own. I thought I'd better post them before William and Ron post theirs. It's known as getting your retaliation in first.

The abbey was saved from intended destruction when the people of Dorchester bought it from King Henry VIII to serve as their parish church.

All the best,

Chris

Had you fogotten I was far too jet-lagged to be in camera-mode and never opened my bag.

But you were OK to drive a sports car around the highways and by-ways of England...

:D:rolleyes:

Very pleasing shot, Chris. I have driven along the Wallingford - Oxford road many a time, but have never called into the Abbey here. Something I must put right, next time I have the opportunity.

Andy,

Perhaps you have no need to be in a certain frame of mind to take pictures. Sometimes it is enough to look at a place and take it all in. The light wasn't very good either as it was ~ 14:30. You are SUCH a "wise guy". I've decided this must be a Liverpool/Manchester thing...;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilfredo, Andy, William, many thanks for your comments. I'll leave Andy and William to continue pulling each other's legs and simply note that yes, William was jetlagged but that he was (naturally) fit to drive at a very sedate pace on the first day! Andy, I think you would enjoy Dorchester. It is a very photogenic place. If you are in the vicinity do send me an email.

All the best,

Chris