TL 55-135 date by serial

Sorry, I do not know the answer.Some have reported the random allocation of serial numbers to lenses which would suggest that it is unlikely you will find a reliable link. Dare I ask: why is it important for you to know?

10 minutes ago, Reggie said:

At a guess, I’d say week 36 of 2014. 

I dont think so because i found a few 55-135 on ebay (without the date) with SN 4472757  and 4469477

Edited by cirke

4 minutes ago, cirke said:

I dont think so because i found a few 55-135 on ebay (without the date) with SN 4472757  and 4469477

In which case it probably is totally random then - or just a sequential code with no date information in it. 
I found one with 4471808 number which I assumed was week 8 of 2018 but from the numbers you’ve found, that’s not a possible reading either. 

31 minutes ago, cirke said:

because I want to buy one

As the lens has been the same throughout its production run, what is the relevance? If it matters to you, just ask the seller for the original invoice.

9 minutes ago, jaapv said:

what is the relevance?

The relevance ?   it matters to anybody to know if a lens is 6 years old or 2 years old 

Leica changed the original lens of the owner  for a focus problem by a new one in 2018  (rebuffed or new )

Edited by cirke