Trioplan on CL

PDP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The brand new Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50/2.8 arrived today. My first soap-bubble-picture.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The lens comes in a very nice black wooden box with no further information except how to produce the famous bubble pictures (in my case written in Chinese...). I chose the version with M-mount to be more flexible (I have the M/L-adapter), but anyhow M-metering is not possible; for CL no issue. Build quality seems quite OK, interesting that there are no stops for aperture just continuous move. The lens is (simply) made using 3 lenses, but the new producer seems investing in coating at least. Lens produced in Bad Kreuznach, Germany (some should know thais location from other great lens-brands). My DNG files are sharp but lacking contrast (compared to Leica), but no issue with LR. Sharpness increases if not wide open. For these bubbles you need short distance to subject, direct light in the back and aperture wide open. I made a portrait of my little girl too, and yes this lens works well for portrait. A special lens for special things. But I love the kind of painting, and I love again the EVF of my CL to see what will be on the sensor. 

On 9/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, PDP said:

The brand new Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 50/2.8 arrived today. My first soap-bubble-picture.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Wonderful!

I have an original Meyer-Optik TRIOPLAN V 50/2.9 which I converted to M42 mount & use it on the CL & SL2 with an M42 -L mount adapter.  Renders beautifully.