Sign in to follow this  
pedaes

Viewfinder 53/2

Sorry if you've not gotten it.  I know they were sent.  The USPS has been something less than brilliant lately, but then again there is the "last mile" at the UK end too.  I'll ask our admin to see if he can find out anything.

1 hour ago, pedaes said:

Anyone in UK received their printed copy yet?

No - I haven’t received mine yet - I’m looking forward to seeing it!

35 minutes ago, AlanJW said:

Sorry if you've not gotten it.  I know they were sent.  The USPS has been something less than brilliant lately, but then again there is the "last mile" at the UK end too.  I'll ask our admin to see if he can find out anything.

Hi Alan - I guess it’s just taking a long time. 

2 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

No - I haven’t received mine yet - I’m looking forward to seeing it!

Hi Alan - I guess it’s just taking a long time. 

Thanks - useful to know I am not alone!

Looking forward to seeing your  article in 'print' having had a peek at it in the Archive version! 

43 minutes ago, AlanJW said:

Thanks Alan. Look forward to 'seeing' you at the Conference.

1 minute ago, pedaes said:

Thanks - useful to know I am not alone!

Looking forward to seeing your  article in 'print' having had a peek at it in the Archive version! 

Hi There

Thank You (so am I)

So am I - Kirsten always does such a great job with the layouts, so it’s always exciting to see it in analogue form!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

28 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Hi There

Thank You (so am I)

So am I - Kirsten always does such a great job with the layouts, so it’s always exciting to see it in analogue form!

So sign here either, but I am sure it is on its way. I agree 100% about Kirsten. Her layout work is outstanding. The award received by Viewfinder recently was well deserved. Congrats to Bill, Kirsten and all concerned with the magazine.

William

1 hour ago, AlanJW said:

Despite all the negative USPS press, my USPS service has never been better.  The issue is neither USPS nor Royal Mail; I believe the issue is at customs/security and at EMS, which handles the exchange of mail among the national mail services.

I know LHSA is not flush with money, but the fastest route would be to DHL Express all the magazines going to the UK to a point of contact in the UK.  The point of contact could then hand the magazines to Royal Mail as in in-country mailing.

Follow up:  The VFs were sent out week before last.  The mail is sloooooow.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, zeitz said:

Despite all the negative USPS press, my USPS service has never been better.  The issue is neither USPS nor Royal Mail; I believe the issue is at customs/security and at EMS, which handles the exchange of mail among the national mail services.

I know LHSA is not flush with money, but the fastest route would be to DHL Express all the magazines going to the UK to a point of contact in the UK.  The point of contact could then hand the magazines to Royal Mail as in in-country mailing.

It would be very hard to absorb courier prices plus Royal mail rates.  LHSA is a not-for-profit organization, and "not flush with money" is quite apt.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:26 PM, roydonian said:

I live in a small English village, and my copy of 53/2 arrived this morning (Monday).

I live in a small town, and mine arrived today (Tuesday 29th.) So the village wins!

Mine arrived today in this wonderful contraption. This was the first time I had seen one of these. I hope that it is power assisted as the poor postman could have a heart attack if this thing was full to the brim.

No, I wasn't spying on the postman. I was waiting on a groceries delivery when I spotted the postman with this and took up my iPhone to record the occasion.

William