20 Years Leica Forum

LUF Admin

5 hours ago, stunsworth said:

I think that was when the forum software changed and the dates were reset. I could be wrong though - it’s a long time ago <grin>. 

I think you're right.  I joined the original forum in 2002 but my joining date was reset to 2006 somewhere along the way but that's hardly important to me.

Perhaps this is an opportune moment to remember some of the members who no longer frequent the forum (disappearance through change of forum name notwithstanding).  I'll start with the following in no particular order and where there's  beside the name it indicates that they are sadly deceased:

• k_g_wolf
  • George James
  • Falstaff
  • Lars Berguist
  • John A Stovall
  • Rickp13
  • Pico
  • Nicole
  • Businessasusual
  • William Palank
  • Janna Stein
  • Elansprint
  • Bill
  • Imants/Stnami
  • William Lamb
  • Pascal Meheut
  • Dante Stella
  • Big Louis
  • Nick De Marco
  • Azzo
  • Roguewave
  • NB23
  • vdb - Virgil diBiasi
  • Barjohn
  • Vicvic
  • Tim Ashley
  • Pauledell
  • jsrockit
  • Jamie Roberts
  • MrEd (from Jersey - changed his name from Big something)
  • Yanidel
  • Algrove
Edited by farnz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

Congratulations! I can say without hesitation that this is the best forum (in terms of enjoyment and info) I frequent. Thanks to moderators and members.

I have to check when I joined. I had DLux-5, then I was looking for FF Leica Info And joined this forum. I blame this forum for getting me back to shooting film. 😊

• Like 4

To the Forum and Andreas, Happy Birthday, and thank you for 'being there'.

I joined around the same time as Andy and Pete, and others. I don't know what the year was, but initially I went under my full real name. Currently I use the shortened version of my middle (Swedish) name, the reason no longer matters. My journey with the Forum has enriched my life beyond measure. I was shown the real benefits of using Leica (of which I have far too many!), but above all it was probably the elevation to Moderator, for which I was not truly qualified, but that responsibility gradually controlled my somewhat fiery tendency by forcing me to weigh both sides of issues. As a result, I have been the greatest beneficiary of the appointment and will now always be prepared to admit my own faults, well nearly always 😁.

To the membership at large, thank you for your fabulous input on just about everything imaginable. Such a clever bunch.

• Like 9

Happy birthday to the Forum! 
I’ve been loitering here since Oct 2002. I’ve learned a lot, have met some great people and made some good friends through various meetings and events, and above all enjoyed it all.
Well done Andreas! Long may it continue.

• Like 4

20 years !!! 😃 Don't remember when I joined (2006 iirc...) but, from the start, Forum really gave to me the feel and pleasure to be part of a real community : and we all have to thanks Andreas and the Mods to have kept our community adherent to its original spirit.  It has became part of my life and the occasion,  with the contribution of many new friends, to enrich and widen my passion.

1 hour ago, luigi bertolotti said:

20 years !!! 😃 Don't remember when I joined (2006 iirc...) but, from the start, Forum really gave to me the feel and pleasure to be part of a real community : and we all have to thanks Andreas and the Mods to have kept our community adherent to its original spirit.  It has became part of my life and the occasion,  with the contribution of many new friends, to enrich and widen my passion.

24-01-2007

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luigi bertolotti said:

... and a due tribute to the BIg contributors !!!

days posts posts/day
Stuny 5765 107308 18,61
Jaap 5820 62009 10,65
Pauledell 4878 43242 8,86

WOW. that's lots of posts per day! 

What is forum without active members! :)