Re: Lenses and adapters for T (Typ 107)

Jasiebear

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a T (Typ 701) as a "replacement" for my D Lux 6 Raw.  The reason why I chose the T was I wanted an affordable camera that I could experiment with different lenses that suited different photographic genres.  It's a shame that one lens can't do everything, right?

I've had been doing quite a bit of reading and research (prior to purchasing the T of course :D) about using different lenses for different purposes.

My question is, I would really like to get some ideas from all you very knowledgeable people about what lenses you would suggest I could use for:

• Landscape photography
  • Street photography
  • "Everyday" photography

Is there one affordable-ish lens you would suggest as my first lens that could tackle most (and I use the word "most" v loosely) of the above?

I'm considering all brands and price ranges; from 7artisans to Leica.  I realise I may need an adapter for some lenses, e.g. M to L mount for the Zeiss Biogon T 2.8/28mm

Everyone's time and opinion is both very welcome and much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Jason 

I would say the 18 or 23 L mount lenses, I really like the 23 on a CL. Then go for the 18-56 if you want more. If you like primes the next lens would be a 35mm, there are many good ones, the L mount Leica 35 Summilux is great but pricey, the others are M mount and you would need an adapter. The 28 f2.8 Zeiss has a good reputation too.