SL2 EVF non-repair by Wetzlar

mdg1371

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I posted earlier in the summer asking if anyone had experienced issues with the SL2 EVF in magnified mode.

In manual focus mode, magnified, I was getting dual vertical red lines appearing in the EVF, intermittently— usually when there was a dark, cooler toned area in the image. just in the EVF, not on the rear LCD. (See pic)

Sent off to Leica USA, then got notice it was off to Wetzlar. Two months later, got it back today!

Open the box, slapped in a fresh battery, and.... exactly the same red lines still present.

I am beyond furious.

Anyone else encountered this phenomenon? (either the non-service, or the red lines)?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 4:55 AM, mdg1371 said:

One the plus side, spoke with Leica USA Today, I emailed photos and video taken of the EVF. Replacement new SL2 should be to me by Friday.

Consistent with my experience: Contact Leica Wetzlar or Leica representatives, and issues are resolved. (That being said, the repair should - of course - fix the failure).