Johnclare369

How to do long exposure on M10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all

In the past I used my M10 for exposures up to 120 seconds. Now I can’t find how to do it!! It’s really frustrating as I am on a trip where I need to shoot some dawn shots on a tripod with long exposure. I also have my Q2 with me so I used that today by selecting the 1+ option on the shutter speed dial.

Please make replies really clear. Eg someone suggested using the ‘front button’ combined with Bulb mode. I could not find  way through make that work. Please post a screen shot if there is any doubt.

Much appreciated.

JC

• Press menu button so you can view the menu
  • Set speed dial to B
  • Press Front button 
  • Rotate ISO dial
  • For each ISO setting, you will see longest exposure time

Hi again. I have tried that rramesh and it works:-) but now I need to know how to set the bulb exposure preset time. Any thought?

thanks again.

I normally use the method as described above. But in many cases the setting of the exposure time dial can be set on A. Then youhave to set an exposure correction on the wheel (e.g. -2 LV or more). The ISO and the Aperture I have set manually.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is no preset time for B. When I use B I use a special cable release that you screw into the screw thread of your release button.

Edited by M10 for me

Thanks again it works! M10 for me there is a preset exposure on B... never seen it before but see attached. I found it in the way rramesh described above, then used the wheel to love along to the exposure I wanted. Then pressed the shutter and hey presto!

18 hours ago, Johnclare369 said:

Hi again. I have tried that rramesh and it works:-) but now I need to know how to set the bulb exposure preset time. Any thought?

thanks again.

The M does not have a countdown timer. You will need to manually control the shutter with:

• A cable release with an external timer, or 
  • Fotos by pressing shutter icon,  holding for the desired time and release. Fotos also does not have a countdown timer (pity).
Edited by rramesh