How to do long exposure on M10

Johnclare369

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all

In the past I used my M10 for exposures up to 120 seconds. Now I can’t find how to do it!! It’s really frustrating as I am on a trip where I need to shoot some dawn shots on a tripod with long exposure. I also have my Q2 with me so I used that today by selecting the 1+ option on the shutter speed dial.

Please make replies really clear. Eg someone suggested using the ‘front button’ combined with Bulb mode. I could not find  way through make that work. Please post a screen shot if there is any doubt.

Much appreciated.

JC

Thanks again it works! M10 for me there is a preset exposure on B... never seen it before but see attached. I found it in the way rramesh described above, then used the wheel to love along to the exposure I wanted. Then pressed the shutter and hey presto!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

18 hours ago, Johnclare369 said:

Hi again. I have tried that rramesh and it works:-) but now I need to know how to set the bulb exposure preset time. Any thought?

thanks again.

The M does not have a countdown timer. You will need to manually control the shutter with:

• A cable release with an external timer, or 
  • Fotos by pressing shutter icon,  holding for the desired time and release. Fotos also does not have a countdown timer (pity).
Edited by rramesh

• 2 months later...