Peculiar problem with exposure indication

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For unknown reason(s) an oddity is happening with indicated exposure times seen in viewfinder. After making an exposure, for the next two exposures there is no variation in indicated exposure time when panning about with camera. After the third exposure, the indication again varies properly as you pan about different scenes. Then repeats. As if there were an unwanted exposure lock mode in effect for 2nd and 3rd shot of a 3 shot sequence..

Cannot find any obvious settings error likely to be the cause. The bracketing is set to 0.

Tried to reload latest firmware but it "completes" in about two seconds so never happened. Does Leica determine the actual present checksum of the loaded firmware and decide that a reload is not necessary??

What am I missing here? Thanks.

Hello. No, I am not keeping it half pressed. After the first exposure, that exposure time appears in viewfinder. I pan around and it stays constant. If I do press button half way, the displayed time remains the same but a dot appears to left of the time. I can turn the dot on and off by half pressing the button. After two more exposures, the exposure time again updates with panning, and locks when pressing half way.  Then the cycle repeats.

Is there a way to reload firmware when the same version is already installed??

As it stands, I have to turn off and turn on the camera between shots...

Edited by 1234
Added last sentence.

I have noticed a similar problem with mine. I have to switch it off to clear the problem.

I have also noticed that the indicated speeds in the viewfinder when shooting manually don’t always match those on the shutter speed dial.

I should send it back to Wetzlar, but don’t want to be without a camera for months.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for your comments Andy. I wrote to Leica in NJ with a  few questions. There is no way to reload a suspected defective firmware installed in the camera..... But the good news was that trying what they suggested, resetting the camera, worked. I had never had to do any reset (and had forgotten it existed as a Menu item) because turning off/on and/or removing/installing the battery solved everything else. So now it works as it should. Mystery remains on how the camera got into its faulty state.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LUF Admin
      Leica hat die neue Firmware V 3.0 für die Leica SL2 vorgestellt.
      Die Verbesserungen im Detail:
      Neuer Autofokus-Algorithmus Verbesserte Augen/Gesicht/Kopf/Körper-Erkennung und Fokusverfolgung. HEVC Video Kompression Interne 4K-Aufzeichnung mit 10 Bit bei 60p/50p mit h.265-Codec. Long-GOP Die Aufzeichnung für 10-Bit-Codecs mit 150 - 200 MB/s bietet die gleiche Bildqualität wie All-Intra, aber weniger als die Hälfte der Datengröße. Segmentiertes Video Die Videoaufzeichnung wird in 1-Minuten-Segmente aufgeteilt, um Datenverlust zu vermeiden. Individuelle Viewing LUTs Upload-Funktion für individuelle Look-Up-Tabellen. Erweiterte Live-View-Funktion Bessere Steuerung der Bildkomposition bei schwachem Licht für das Live View-Bild. Bild-Überlagerung Ermöglicht die Ausrichtung der Kameraposition auf der Grundlage eines zuvor aufgenommenen Bildes, das im EVF oder auf dem LCD-Bildschirm transparent angezeigt wird. Automatischer Follow Focus Definition von drei Fokuspunkten für die automatische Fokusverlagerung während der Videoaufnahme. Die FN-Tasten können nun verwendet werden. Schärfeeinstellung in Video und Live-View zusätzlich zu vordefinierter Sequenz. Wave form monitor Professionelle Belichtungsbewertung des Videosignals. Color Bar Referenz für korrekte Farbkorrektur und Tonsteuerung in der Postproduktion. Aufnahmeanzeige Rahmen (Tally Mode) Kamera zeigt roten Rahmen im Display bei Videoaufnahme. Belichtungsmessung mit Lichterpriorität Messmethode mit der Priorität für den Erhalt der Lichter. Dynamikbereich Steuerung Helligkeit in Schattenbereichen erhöhen. Hell-Dunkel-Steuerung Präzise Steuerung der Kontrasteinstellung. » Zur Downloadseite Leica SL2 Firmware 3.0
    • By IntrepidTraveller6
      I have noticed in the two more recent outings with my M240 that i have a lot of dust on my sensor. The attached image is from the most recent outing to see the airshow. The circles are the spot removal I had to do to fix all the dust. As you can see it is substantial. Note that I was stopped down to F22 on a 90mm lens to get the depth needed for the air crafts and people to be in focus. So the dust was more apparent in the image. 
      I have cleaned the sensor with the blower multiple times. I have cleaned the sensor with swab and solution once between the outings. I switch lenses often enough for dust to get in, I expect it to happen. My problem is that after cleaning the sensor so thoroughly I should not have this much dust. It appears that using the blower provides minimal help and the swab basically nothing. 
      Has anyone experienced such persistent dust? Could this be some sort of corrosion on the sensor?
      I am debating sending it in for a repair and service to fix the issue. Has anyone used this service before and has an idea of cost, procedure, and effectiveness in getting a clean sensor back?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By wolan
      Hi,
      I have recently bought an SL2-S and at beginning I'll mainly use with manual focus (M) Lenses.
      However, I really like the 90-280mm tele and I might buy second hand
      A couple of questions about autofocus:
      in all honesty, how good is the SL2-s autofocus when compared to say a Nikon Z6 (the camera I own)? same question as above for most advanced autofocus features, auto-focus tracking, face recognition etc. If am not mistaken, a massive firmware update for the SL2-s with significant improvements for the autofocus system was announced. Has it been released? In the 2.0 I have not seen much about the autofocus Many thanks in advance for your answers.
      Cheers.
    • By Monochrome_Man
      Hello fellow reddoters
      Is any improvement in GPS functioning after last firmware? Last time, i was checking it was terribly laggy and sometimes exif misses geotag info.
      This made a MFG simple useless for me 😐
      Regards.
    • By BFMount
      I'm left handed and I think that makes my left eye dominant but not sure. Anyway when I bring the Q to my eye, instinct is to use my left eye. Given the design, I have to think that 'rangefinders' are meant for right eyed use, allowing both eyes in use? Is it possible to train myself to use right eye and keep left eye open? Any one have experience with this problem? I think I've read that gun owners are told to keep both eyes open when using a scope? Is it not worth worrying about, and just use my left eye with right closed?