TL2 Menu is padlocked and greyed out {merged}

AlanZ

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Help. I accidentally did something and don’t know what. Now I have a grid on my screen I can’t get rid of and on the right side instead of a camera icon to get in the settings screens I have a locked camera icon similar to the icon when I lock one of the wheels. How do I get out of this?

This what I’m seeing on my screen. The top and bottom icon are greeted out and the icon to get to my settings is locked. I also see a grid on the screen that wasn’t there before. HELP!!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I didn’t even see that in the manual which I have read. I guess a reread is in order. Thanks again. 
Btw...how do you like the TL2. In the past 2nyears I’ve been through 3 M9...all with sensor issues. I bought this after returning my last M9. It takes some getting used to and there is a learning curve but I like it. Now if only I could afford a few lenses. 

3 hours ago, AlanZ said:

I didn’t even see that in the manual which I have read. I guess a reread is in order. Thanks again. 
Btw...how do you like the TL2. In the past 2nyears I’ve been through 3 M9...all with sensor issues. I bought this after returning my last M9. It takes some getting used to and there is a learning curve but I like it. Now if only I could afford a few lenses. 

It is there, early on, but the wording is brief, the scope not at all obvious, and changing of icons really does not help.

Using manual focus lenses on the TL2 and CL is just not the same as on a rangefinder ; I find EVF focusing takes longer and at close to mid distances, the missed focus rate higher 😞.

The TL/CL AF is not that clever and on many occasions I wish I had mounted a MF lens rather than a TL lens; an infinity lock would have helped.

On the TL/CL side, exposure setting is a lot easier when there is a live histogram.

• Like 1

I do use a manual lens most of the time but it seems if it’s a lens that needs a dumb adapter then infinity is not really infinity. You have to back it down a little to get a true infinity. I prefer to shot totally manual but it takes a little work. I use a Voightlander 35mm and a Nikon 28-70 and each is different as far as focusing. Focus peaking doesn’t guarantee a shot is perfectly in focus. 

I recently bought a TL2. I have attached a 23mm Summicron to it. Somehow the menu on the rear screen has a padlock on the right hand side. As a result the “mode” is stuck on M for manual and greyed out. “Info” is also greyed out. I can’t access the menu to change anything. Long pressing the padlock has no effect.

I’ve attached a photo of the rear screen. Can anyone assist?

• jaapv changed the title to TL2 Menu is padlocked and greyed out {merged}
  • 3 months later...

Accidentally on my TL 2 it has been locked with the padlock and I did not know how to unlock it, I searched the forum and found this thread, which has been very useful to me to unlock it.

Despite coming in the manual, I had not seen it.

The PDF Manual looks good on my computer screen, but the one I have on paper doesn't look good.