SL2 Landscape Set

agencal

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, agencal said:

Thank you all dear friends.

I feel more confident to choose 16-35mm - 50mm Apo SL and 90mm Apo SL but whenever i here Karbe saying “my favorite is 35mm apo.Or it may be the best lens ever been made” i am getting confiused.

16-35mm with 35mm Apo is a overlap. Do you think 35mm is way better than 50? Which one has better contrast and pop(seperstion feel) ?Thats why i used 50mm M Apo for M system.It had a great contrast and pop thet you can nevere replicate at post with an other lens.

I have three APO Summicrons - the 35, 50 and 90.  I do sometimes wish for something wider when shooting architecture/landscape.  If that is truly your goal and you don't see yourself shooting wider environmental portraits or street photography, then I see no downside in a 16-35, 50 APO, 90 APO kit.  

I don't have experience with the Sigma 14-24 for L Mount, but I used it extensively with my Sony system.  It is an amazing lens.  So, if you are going to need the 35 APO for f2 or really want one of the best (if not the best) 35mm lenses out there, the Sigma, APO 35, APO 50 and APO 90 would be a great kit.

As others have mentioned, you get no ability to use front mounted filters with the Sigma, so take that into consideration.  But, considering your initial post, I think the 16-35, APO 50, APO 90 would be fantastic.

3 minutes ago, Dr. G said:

I have three APO Summicrons - the 35, 50 and 90.  I do sometimes wish for something wider when shooting architecture/landscape.  If that is truly your goal and you don't see yourself shooting wider environmental portraits or street photography, then I see no downside in a 16-35, 50 APO, 90 APO kit.  

I don't have experience with the Sigma 14-24 for L Mount, but I used it extensively with my Sony system.  It is an amazing lens.  So, if you are going to need the 35 APO for f2 or really want one of the best (if not the best) 35mm lenses out there, the Sigma, APO 35, APO 50 and APO 90 would be a great kit.

As others have mentioned, you get no ability to use front mounted filters with the Sigma, so take that into consideration.  But, considering your initial post, I think the 16-35, APO 50, APO 90 would be fantastic.

Thanks for the reply. I know that 16-35mm is my need as you mentioned for landscape work but i am coming from medium format so i know those apo crons will make me more happy.Especially the 35mm apo. So now i am between 16-35mm,50,90 and 14-24,35,50,90.

Tomorrow i need to finish this :)

so do you think 16-35mm at 35mm and f5.6-8 can compare 35mm apo?

I have been using SL since day one and love my SL 24-90, 16-35 and 35 APO. With the SL2, these lenses continue to exceed my expectations every time.

I also have a few M lenses which complement my SL lenses nicely, they include 21 2.8, 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 APO, 50 Noct V4, 75 Noct, 90 2.0. Again, SL and SL2 allow M lenses to shine in a different way.

16-35 Super Vario is so special, none of my other lenses can do the same, especially with architectural and landscape shots. I have been carrying this lens around the world before the travel ban, and it is a must even I hate to admit it is bulky and heavy.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49565548502_c584f29692_b.jpg[/img]

• Like 4

I puzzled over what would be the widest lens I needed for my SL2.   I chose the Sigma 14-24 f 2.8 to go along with the two Leica zooms and the Sigma 70mm macro.   My choice on the wide end was driven by a single subject that has a well defined angular span, rainbows.  The primary rainbow spans a maximum of about 84 degrees and a secondary rainbow about 110 degrees.   

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica SL2 with Sigma 14-24 f2.8 DG DN Art at 14mm,  ISO 100, f2.8,  full width cropped to 16:9 vertically

• Like 2