If you could only have one lens with the SL2?

jimleicam3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If I could only have one lens I'd use the SL50 Lux, even though it's enormous. The images out of it just look so special.

23 hours ago, jimleicam3 said:

Now looking at the SL2 and a 75 or 90.  Comments?  Thanks

Jim, I do own the 90 and as amazing as it is, if I had the SL2 with just 1 lens and had to pick between those 2 I'd get the 75 to get the wider field of view to make it more usable for more subjects. Just the 90 would be a bit limiting I think (amazing lens though).

On 9/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, jimleicam3 said:

Thanks for the replies,  I own a Q2, and enjoy the ease of use.  On my M10 I use the 21 mm, 35 cron and the 50 lux.  I had an SL with an adapter, but I decided to trade back to an M( I had an M8) I had a 24-90 on loan for my SL, but the weight was nuts.  Now looking at the SL2 and a 75 or 90.  Comments?  Thanks 

You plan on keeping the Q2, yes? Of the two options listed, I would take the 75mm. I find it a more useful focal length, especially with the SL2 where I just don’t mind a bit of cropping occasionally.

24-90 will serve you well for multiple purposes!! Why would you want to be stuck with one focal length if that would be your only lens? I have the 24-90 and a couple of TL2 lenses.. planning to get a 35mm f1.4 TL2 as well.. 20MP shots are fantastic and sharp as well!! also have APO ELMAR 120mm f2.5 S lens with adapter.. 

that said, I have other cameras too for other purposes.. to me 24-90 made the most sense 

Something fast...35/1.4 ZM maybe..SL50/1.4, M-50 Noct?

Depends on your preference for FL and what you would be doing with it, I love 35mm framing so I think I'd go for the 35ZM, to me it's the best rendering 35, it's fast, not too heavy and I can crop a bit if needed.

I own the 16-35 and 24-90 and 3 SL primes....I'd consider the 24-90 if I shot weddings and or events and needed AF. Otherwise, speed wins

Edited by thatkatmat

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The 24-90mm f.2.8-4 is my go to one-lens solution.  I find the images stunning.  The lens is seems to be a comprise that splits the difference between the 24-70 f 2.8's  and the 24-105 or 24-120 f4's offered by the other manufacturers.    The Leica lens offers comparable or better image quality to the 24-70 f2.8's and a focal length range comparable to the f4 lenses with modest cropping.   In situations where changing lenses to not practical is meets my needs.