M 10-R SD card reader

Fred C. Stadler

Advertisement (gone after registration)

UHS-1 is the current cards that M's take and the new M-10 is no exception, but the current fast cards cards are UHS-II and the new standard is already out UHS-III. Why has Leica not upgraded? It is a disappointment considering the cost 

I would imagine that Leica like other electronic manufacturures have a R&D department.. Once the design & other details have been agreed & Signed Off and manufacture begins, the designs cannot be retro engineered.. somewhere there is a UHS 1111   in the pipeline as is a  75mp Leica on someones design/engineering board.. Whatever electronics we buy today is already being superseded/engineered in a R&D department.. This goes for Cars, Cameras, TV's a million and one other things we use in life.. Take Heart   L

Edited by lykaman

1 hour ago, Fred C. Stadler said:

UHS-1 is the current cards that M's take and the new M-10 is no exception, but the current fast cards cards are UHS-II and the new standard is already out UHS-III. Why has Leica not upgraded? It is a disappointment considering the cost 

All M10 cameras can use UHS-II cards.

UHS-III cards were announced  a while ago, but never appeared on market.

4 hours ago, Fred C. Stadler said:

Sadly you are exactly correct, the card will work but not up to it's potential I suspect. I am using one in my M240 in fact. Just hoping for more when I update. Thanks to all for the help. 

Why do you miss UHS II speeds on an M10? I never had to wait on SD card when using M10 cameras.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I believe UHS ii cards work in an M10 because they also work even if they are put into a UHS i socket, which is what the M10 has, and certainly all that the M240 can offer.  So in any of the present M cameras there will never be a speed advantage in writing to the SD chip.  The advantage is only in uploading to your computer over a wired interface, and that only would matter if you take 100s of shots per day (which I don't often do).