SL2 Canon Shift Lens’s

Matt JS

Canon T/S lenses have an electronic shutter. So they need a fully electronic adapter (the MC-21 from Sigma or the older from Novoflex which is not available anymore). They work very well with these adapters. Or you could also use the Leica R 28mm shift lens. (I usually use this one but it is only 28mm). But often for wider angles (in smaller houses) I simply use the SL 16-35. Or you could also use the Canon EF 11-24 that also works well adapted. Or the Sigma 14-24 in native L-mount.

Edited by caissa

10 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Novoflex are supposed to be high quality and I havent had a problem with any of their adaptors. I do also have the cheaper ones from fleabay any they also work well. 

Could you give some example of what Canon lenses you are using with those adaptors since your recommendation is so different from everyone else.

I use the Canon TS lenses all the time on my SL and SL2. I use both the older, discontinued Novoflex and the current Sigma EF adaptors. Both work well with the TS lenses and the electronic apertures and auto exposure work flawlessly on the SL/SL2.

Just get the Sigma MC21 and enjoy your lenses.

Gordon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you both for the advice, I have been offered a good deal on the Sigma MC-21 and have just been given the chance to try it out first. I have 17 mm 24mm and 50mm shift and they are my workhorses, the 16-35 is on the ‘next’ list. Delivery of the SL2 is e/o this month, very anxious to move forward into Leica! Matt

I am a long-time Canon T/S lens user and use the Sigma Adapter on a Panasonic S1R..it works very well.  the electronic linkages work and magnified manual focusing with the EVF's for tilts make these lenses more usable than on my Canon DSLR's with their live view.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...