A second model who never heard my Q shutter

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Consequently, she thought I hadn't yet shot.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18

Whether she heard it or not it's a heck of a nice portrait. I think it would be stronger if cropped a bit tighter so as to really emphasize her face. Maybe get rid of the bottom third which doesn't really add anything to the portrait.

I'm noticing that she's looking off to your right side. Was she posing for someone else?

Edited by fotografr

Brent - Thank you.  There was somebody standing to my right (her left) about on the same plane as me just taking in her beauty.

Brent, Henry & Charles - Thank you.  In my other photo in which the subject never heard my Q's shutter, Henry did a crop, and it was clearly an improvement.  I'm not so sure about this pone, though, and will have to play around a bit with it.

Edgard, Dave, Jaap & Keith - Thank you.

You are, of course, the final judge on cropping. Part of my reasoning was that I'm not fond of her left arm protruding out and away from her body. I find it distracting.

I think some back story would be interesting. She's clearly a professional model and the lighting and backdrop suggest a set up for some kind of commercial propose. Care to share details?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Brent -

I tried a crop of the bottom 1/3 of the image and liked the results, though I'm not certain which version I prefer.

B&H runs a number of equipment related events (though all online now), and this was at one such event called, "Depth of Field."  The model, a rather smart and complex woman from western Africa, is far more than a physically beautiful person.  This, and a few other sections of the same room, had different lighting vendors with their set-ups.  At that same event I showed the Leica rep, who was getting very few inquiries, my Q.  He was so pleased to have activity and a visit from a believer that he gave me a few bits of Leica swag.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stuny said:

Brent -

I tried a crop of the bottom 1/3 of the image and liked the results, though I'm not certain which version I prefer.

B&H runs a number of equipment related events (though all online now), and this was at one such event called, "Depth of Field."  The model, a rather smart and complex woman from western Africa, is far more than a physically beautiful person.  This, and a few other sections of the same room, had different lighting vendors with their set-ups.  At that same event I showed the Leica rep, who was getting very few inquiries, my Q.  He was so pleased to have activity and a visit from a believer that he gave me a few bits of Leica swag.

I wish they'd have sessions like that in my town. You're lucky to have that available to you. Great for learning.