2020 "Covid-special" Global "Not-The-One" Challenge - details and theme

andybarton

Not my best days photography, checked battery life in camera was ok and drove for 1 hour to a location. Started taking photos and battery died after 4 images, swapped battery to spare in my camera bag only to find it was nearly flat so another 4 images. 
next I drove home and picked up a fully charged battery and headed to somewhere local only to find access blocked to the site I wanted to photograph so only got 10 images in total and none I’m very happy with. Still going to enter though 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've got something useful, nothing to win a competition but had some fun. Water was not difficult to find, also in form of rain, the real challenge would have been, if "not water" would have been the topic. Anyhow, I'm off to take a night photo.

Stefan

• Like 2

Wish I had access to a fast-turnaround lab, then I would have shot film with my venerable M3. I used my M240 with a 1953 collapsible Summicron 5cm, and took several pictures in alternating sunny and cloudy-drizzly weather this afternoon, on Montreal West Island shorelines.

Could someone please clarify the image size (pixels, and maximum file size) we can send to Andy? Merci beaucoup 😃.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

Don't forget, anyone taking part in the Challenge today should stick with One Challenge tradition of starting off in a Pub, or Bar and having a couple before pressing the shutter. Good luck to everyone.

Cheers, Tom

What's a pub!?

Haven't seen one since March. Been in virtual lockdown since then. I did get out for a brief legal outing/exercise and got some 'normal' pics, but my submission will be 'something else'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 minutes ago, erl said:

What's a pub!?

Haven't seen one since March. Been in virtual lockdown since then. I did get out for a brief legal outing/exercise and got some 'normal' pics, but my submission will be 'something else'.

Luckily the weather in Sydney was great yesterday and our pubs were open!

1 hour ago, digger1914 said:

Luckily the weather in Sydney was great yesterday and our pubs were open!

That's two things Sydney has over Melbourne, at present.

Pubs and weather!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, erl said:

What's a pub!?

Pubs? All I want is a haircut! I watch lots of 70s movies at the moment. So comforting to see all those actors looking like me... And no end in sight. 

Really enjoyed the little distraction yesterday. Went out with my 7yr old son who took a 15yr old 6 MP Leica C-Lux2 to compete with me. We had lots of fun.

It was a mildly wet day here in the roaring forties, but not much wind! It was quite social actually, bumped into heaps of people we know in the local neighbourhood, had to try to not spend too much time yakking. Travelling to Melbourne for the last one I participated in meant that wasn't an issue...

Used a 1958 M3, 1955 Summicron 50 (type 1) and 2020 Ektar 100 (maybe next time BW?), roll already developed, dried and scanned (by myself). I often start by not liking any of my pictures, will see if any of them warm up for me a bit over the next few days :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Bateleur said:

Negatives hanging to dry ;)

Ditto

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Good morning / evening everyone. I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. 😎☂️

Here are the instructions for submitting your shots from yesterday afternoon.

Please email them to me, at normal forum size, at the following address.

mail @ andybarton dot com

Please mark your email Challenge DAY or Challenge NIGHT so that it is easier to sort entries onto the two piles and include the camera, lens and film/ISO details  

Final time for submission is 22:00 GMT on 31st October 2020.

I will post them in the order that they are received, into one post, on a new thread. I will drop mine in at random.

Voting will be open as soon as I have posted all of the entries.

I look forward to seeing them all and may the best photograph win!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Great to see entries coming in already.

And thanks in particular to one member who has generously donated his “notional entry fee” to a local hospice. That’s what’s great about this Forum - it’s full of decent people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had a number of entries so far, but past experience shows that lots of people like to “live with” their shots for a while before sending them in.

I’ll do another reminder next weekend and a couple as the deadline approaches.

Normally, I would know how many to expect, as everyone entering would have put their €10 into a pot at lunchtime, but this year, I have no idea. I am sure that we will hit get entries from everyone that expressed an interest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2