Why are there green dots in my EVF-2??

ConnerLawson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I obtained a second hand EVF-2 (the Leica version) in mint condition but without user manual. When switched on there are two little green dots in the viewfinder: One to the right of the aperture indication and the other higher up, about halfway between the bottom and the central focus point.

Does anyone know why that is and if I can do something about it? 

The LCD of the EVF-2 is not all that stable, it is prone to pixel failure and one of mine had flare-like streaks. Just use it for what it is. Or get a scruffy  one -Olympus or Leica doesn't matter- with a good LCD and swop out the tops.

Remember that this is previous generation technology - some would claim two generations back- , EVFs have come a long way since then

On 9/1/2020 at 2:08 PM, ConnerLawson said:

I obtained a second hand EVF-2 (the Leica version) in mint condition but without user manual. When switched on there are two little green dots in the viewfinder: One to the right of the aperture  essay writer indication and the other higher up, about halfway between the bottom and the central focus point.

Does anyone know why that is and if I can do something about it? 

thank you my issue has been solved

• 1 year later...