Issues with connecting to Leica CL or Q on Fotos in Android? Fix here

jcc1138

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been having major issues connecting to my CL on Firmware 4.0 with Fotos. The trick to getting Fotos to work is this- Got to Airplane Mode first and turn it on. Turn the camera on. Then go to Wifi on the phone (you may have to turn Wifi on) and connect to the Leica (CL, Q, Q2) hotspot you made originally (Mine says Leica CL- XXXXXXX or Leica A- XXXXXXX). You may want to make sure that the Wifi connection will always stay on, even when not connected to the internet. Next is to go to the WLAN connection in the camera and make sure that is on the screen. You can then go back to the Leica Fotos App. This should then show the CL or Q- (You may have to click again on the camera in the list to connect. You know that you are ok when you see the CL or Q in white with a red dot and the remote button shows up). 

I am also doing this for when I forget about how to connect. I am running a Pixel 3 with Android 10- latest Fotos 2.1.1