Miops Smart + Camera Trigger and SL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A follow-up to post #14; (also) the MIOPS mobile dongle works fine with the SL2.

Configuration, in this case for a Huawei cell phone: Cell phone - USB-C to 4-pin jack adapter - default MIOPS mobile dongle - Panasonic S1/S1R cable -  2.5 to 3.5 mm 4-pin jack adapter (see post #14) - SL2. Perhaps not pretty, but it works...

Here's a follow up to a long saga!. I took your advice and ordered a cable from Miops. It was the listed on their site as the Panasonic cable for the S1/S1r, and low and behold, it works!!!

I have a long extension cable, TRRS 3.5 male to female and it works fine. I tested the sound trigger and the laser trigger and they work as they should. For those interested in this type of photography using the SL2 now it can be done with this set up. The small metal adapter is a TRRS 2.5 mm female to 3.5 mm male. I will notify Miops that this setup works, since they did not even suggest this to me at the very beginning. 

I did a little work on this Tuesday. I can make it work the way Mdol did with a little bit of soldering. However, if I think it would be a fun project I would make a cable with a little module that would make the Miops work with just one cable and wouldn't require the RS-CL6. I need to spec out the resistors. Here are my notes. 

Leica remote

Leica plug = closest to plug = Yellow

next one down = Red

The next two are not used

Three leafs

Top = 1

Middle =2

Bottom =3

1 and 3 = 1355

1 and 2 = 1259

2 and 3 = 95

1 and 2 connected = 328

When 1 touches 2 voltage drops to = 329

Red and yellow wires directly from camera =1427

Plug to MIOPS     1 = closest = White

2 = middle = Yellow

3 = tip =   Red

Focus  yellow and white

Shutter   Red and white

I guess I don't need mess with this since the info in post #14 and some other say it works. Puzzling since the device needs to provide some voltage drops to perform focus and shutter release. I should have read more before posting the above. The way I was going to wire it, the SL2 does not need to be in manual mode. 

Edited by knisely
1 hour ago, knisely said:

I guess I don't need mess with this since the info in post #14 and some other say it works. Puzzling since the device needs to provide some voltage drops to perform focus and shutter release. I should have read more before posting the above. The way I was going to wire it, the SL2 does not need to be in manual mode. 

If you happen to do this, I would be glad to buy one from you... 

Edited by helged