Firmware version 4 available for CL

4 minutes ago, pocholin said:

My complete name (First + Last name) doesn't fit, why limit it to 20 digits!!! I'm being forced to cut a letter of my 21 characters name! 

Same story with the Info line, 20 characters max.

you have zero future as a ham radio operator. it's 3 characters max for everyone. /guy

:)  :) :) :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pocholin said:

My complete name (First + Last name) doesn't fit, why limit it to 20 digits!!! I'm being forced to cut a letter of my 21 characters name! 

Same story with the Info line, 20 characters max.

Maybe use just eight characters? Would pocholin identify you sufficiently?

Discovered a useful behaviour of the new CL firmware. If all your Favourites are switched OFF, then the Favourites screen is not displayed at all: pressing the Menu button once shows the new graphical touch display; pressing Menu twice takes you direct to the main menu - no need to press three times to get past Favourites. Obvious really - but I hadn't noticed!

I discovered this on my new SL2 which arrived with all Favourites switched off.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, AdHox said:

Maybe use just eight characters? Would pocholin identify you sufficiently?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. When you search Pocholin in Google, a shoe company shows up...no relationship whatsoever. Pocholin was one of my nick names growing up, the other was "El flaco" (skinny one)...Pocholin is also too common in Mexico to be used as an "Artist" or "Copyright" name. Besides, I like my really long name! 😄

• 6 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, dadu007 said:

Firmware version 4 for CL (US)

Firmware Update 4.0
Status screen for photo and video implemented Complete overview of the preferred settings, easy access and operation by button or touch. The video mode can be deactivated or activated via the status screen.
Digital zoom function for all TL Lenses - 1,3x and 1,7x Possibility to zoom further into the image than the optical focal length and the optical zoom of the used lens allow while taking pictures.
Copyright Information Additional information can be integrated into the metadata of the image such as Artist name and free information.
Simplified connection for Leica FOTOS Dedicated menu item for Leica FOTOS.

First time Leica user here. Bought a CL few months ago, says it runs firmware 3.1. Just found the instructions for upgrading to 4.0, but my Leica account insists no firmware updates available for my camera. What to do?

8 minutes ago, RM8 said:

First time Leica user here. Bought a CL few months ago, says it runs firmware 3.1. Just found the instructions for upgrading to 4.0, but my Leica account insists no firmware updates available for my camera. What to do?

You may wish to download it here:

https://en.leica-camera.com/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=135943&subcategory=145886&type=108942&language=93871

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, lct said:

Many thanks!! Worked, 4.0 running. Love the overview screen. Still wished they had moved the bin icon in Play mode to e.g. the upper right corner where I will not accidentally touch it when my thumb slips off the left arrow key of the joy stick... aaargh again. They should condemn those UI designers to one week of CL use